Burn Bright: A 14-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 10: Ignite<br>Ashley Rideaux

Burn Bright: A 14-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 10: Ignite
Ashley Rideaux

Watch this Practice
Lina S
4 people like this.
I've "lost" the ability to do headstand. I've always been fearful of headstands. However, you've shown an interesting way to familiarize with the posture. I tried it with a chair. Although I didn't feel to lift one leg, I felt hope. Maybe with practice, I will be able one day to overcome my fear.
Ashley R
3 people like this.
Lina S, the fact that you tried today is huge!!! I’m so happy to hear that today’s practice gave you hope❤️🤗  Be patient with yourself and it will all unfold in time. If you didn’t already try it this way today, the next time you attempt your headstand with the chair, set yourself up at a wall. Set up with your knuckles against the wall so that the wall is at your back when you bring your feet onto the chair. Then, if you feel comfortable taking one, or both, of your legs up, you have the wall there to support you.  If you’d like even more support, set yourself up in a corner so you have a wall at your back and sides
Sandra Židan
Hi, Ashley! Thanks for this challenging and interesting practice! I couldn't do the headstand and instead of it I have made a dolphin pose. I am looking forward to practice with you tommorrow again! Namaste! ❤️🥰
Jenny S
6 people like this.
Very cool practice!  I love how inversions offer a fresh perspective 👍 and for whatever reason, headstand and I have always had a nice working relationship.  Every time I encounter this pose in a practice I ask myself “why don’t I do this more often?” Thank you for these practices with their innovative sequencing! 🙏🏻❤️
Ashley R
2 people like this.
Sandra, dolphin is an excellent alternative to headstand. Thanks for listening to your body🤗 Have a beautiful rest of your day!
Ashley R
1 person likes this.
Jenny, maybe this will be your year of more headstands🤗 Thanks for shifting your perspective with me today!
Kelly B
4 people like this.
I really liked this one! I often find myself confronting ego in the persuit of an elusive asana like headstand, especially as I age and my body works differently than it used to. The beauty of devotion and patience in practice over time (coming up on 30 years now!) is that you learn it’s always changing. What’s elusive now may come easily tomorrow, and what’s easy today may be impossible tomorrow! The practice is really to just keep showing up 💪🏻
Ashley R
2 people like this.
So beautifully said, Kelly B. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed class and thank you so much for this poignant reminder❤️
Sharon R
4 people like this.
This definitely goes in my favorites! Love the mix of movement and the headstand felt great. It's been toooo long since I've been upside down. Thank you! I am so grateful for you and this!
Ashley R
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Sharon R 🥰 I’m honored to have a class on your favorites list and glad the headstand was a welcome treat. Nothing like flipping your world upside down to offer a shift in perspective❤️
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial