Practice with Patricia: Shoulderstand with Chair<br>Patricia Sullivan

Practice with Patricia: Shoulderstand with Chair
Patricia Sullivan

Watch this Practice
Marleen R
1 person likes this.
I do enjoy the front-body opening of this pose but I feel an uncomfortable amount of pressure in my temples. I'd welcome your advice Patricia. Thank you.
Patricia Sullivan
Thanks for checking in about this Marleen. Here are a few things to try:
1- you might need more support under the back of your head as this version of chair shoulder stand really takes the head back quite a bit, though helpful in reverse curve situations, it might not be the best for your circulation.
2- once everything is set up and you're starting to go back, pause at the place where you're just about horizontal and take a breath or two before slowly easing down the rest of the way.
3- as you are easing down keep the back of your neck long and chin somewhat tucked until you feel the bolster supporting neck and shoulders.
Let me know how it goes!
Kelly Sunrose
Such a wonderful practice.
Thank you!

(I especially love when you say "feel into .... the dynamic stillness."--- YES!)

Much love.
Patricia Sullivan
Hi sweet Kelly, I seem to be a little slow on the response, but thank you for trying out chair shoulder stand- so glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Silke S
Namasté. I did the class two times today, and it is wonderful to practice the shoulderstand in this way. During shoulderbridge I really could feel the length of my spine while putting my hands to the wall by roll out of the pose. Thank you. Silke
Patricia Sullivan
Wow, twice in one day. I'm inspired by your practice! Thank you for practicing with me. Warmest, Patricia
Elizabeth H
Thanks Patricia. Always love supported shoulder stand especially on a cold rainy day!!
Patricia Sullivan
I know what you mean - the heart opening warms everything. I'm recovering from recent shoulder surgery (the ol' rotator cuff) and can't wait to get back to it. I'm grateful to you for connecting in.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial