Peak Poses: Side Crow Pose<br>Shelley Williams

Peak Poses: Side Crow Pose
Shelley Williams

Watch this Practice
Don D
2 people like this.
Side crow definitely one of my next challenges/goals...
Melissa H
2 people like this.
What a fabulous class! Two questions, please: 1) I have never been able to launch off in bakasana. In this practice, I felt much stronger in it, but the tip of one big toe just cannot takeoff! Any tips? 2) when exploring side crow, I couldn't even test taking one foot off. Additionally, I felt like the bottom floating ribs were going to go-- ping!-- out of my waist. It didn't hurt or anything, but a sensation I noticed. Should I work on lengthening the side body/back more through different twists to open that area up more? Thanks so much! I really loved the class!
Shelley Williams
Melissa Hey Melissa!Stoked to hear you liked the practice. Yes, I have some tips for you: Keep working with this type of practice, because you build strength each time you work on it. Coil up through the core more, squeeze knees to armpits/ triceps, think of shifting your weight and gaze up and forward for Bakasana.

For Side Crow, keep working on lifting and coiling through sidewaist while projecting heart and gaze forward (coil and lengthen at SAMEtime) try to keep hips lifted off other elbow. Don't push into any "ping" sensation...it should feel almost easy. Feel into the counter balance of weight.

Yes on working length in back and side body!

Lots of love!
Beth S
1 person likes this.
Beautiful practice. I can’t wait to do this one again - my hips felt so open afterwards, core strong, and internal state of mind more at peace.
Shelley Williams
Thanks Beth! This one is a personal favorite, so glad you liked it... it becomes more and more accessible each time you do it, as well! Happy practicing :)
Kate M
2 people like this.
Such intelligent sequencing to side crow! It's definitely one of my challenge poses. Very good to find pathways in... thanks, Shelley!
Shelley Williams
Kate Yes! Glad you liked it! Try taking it into Koundynasana A or B from there, as well!  Lots of love

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial