Peak Poses: Peak Pose: Hanumanasana<br>Jessica Garay

Peak Poses: Peak Pose: Hanumanasana
Jessica Garay

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
I just love your classes. Your creative use of props gives me the opportunity to experience some poses I've never been able to "attain" before. As this happens I can actually FEEL the wonderful benefits of the pose that goes beyond the physical. Today was a great example of this. Thank you 🙏🏻🐒💥
Gokce O
Jessica you are amazing.as i told you on another comment you give me lots of inspiration.please keep doing this amazing videos.thank you so mich to sharing your knowledge with us😊
Catherine R
Navasana with the strap?!? I could do that all day!!! I also found the cue to "move" the front shin forward in pyramid pose to be exceptionally helpful. Only queston question I have is, when I did hanumanasana with the props, I ended up shifting most of my weight onto the "butt part" of the leg that was extended forward. It was very difficult to distribute the weight evenly. Does that mean use less height?
Jessica Garay
Hi Catherine thanks for the question. I can’t be totally sure without seeing your body in the shape but my suggestion would actually be more height both under the hips and under the back leg. You might experiment with using just blankets and bolsters under the hips so it’s more solid since sometimes the blocks can make it wobbly. It can also help if before you extend the front leg with the pelvis over the props and you’re in more of a lunge that you move the back leg back first and then the front. Hope some of this helps. Let me know what happens :) Ideally you should pretty center on the props and be comfortable enough to hang out for a moment or two. Happy you’re enjoying the video 💖
Zella D
What an incredible practice! Thank you Jessica, my joints and bones feel alive and healthy. Your knowledge and insight into our skelatal structure is spot on!
Lori
Wonderful class! Thank you.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial