Yoga for 2: Prenatal and Postnatal: Rediscover Your Pelvic Floor<br>Maria Villella

Yoga for 2: Prenatal and Postnatal: Rediscover Your Pelvic Floor
Maria Villella

Watch this Practice
Erika J
Hello there! I really appreciate all the courses I ve done with you before during and after my last baby (born in July )...I am an expat living in France. I ve had two babies here and after each birth there is free physical therapy for the pelvic floor (with a physical therapist or a mid wife) ...anyway I thought it would be worth mentioning some ways my mid wife had me imagine the area:

Front “stop pee pee”
-imagine it is the pointer and index knuckles grabbing something or a butterfly closing its wings

Middle “an elevator going up or down” “a hamac tightening and loosening”
-sliding glass doors closing
-a wave coming into a cave and spiraling up ( can even be done left to right)
-skipping over stairs ...first step then suddenly third step

Back (stop gas)
-spiral stair case going up

Erika J
1 person likes this.
Also ...really important. The diagram creates pressure on the perinal when we inhale. It is ideal to exhale when contracting the pelvic floor (except for the rapid exercises i.e. butterfly or sliding glass door).

Important to lift up the perinal when lifting the baby, laughing sneezing or doing any exercise. (Like in astanga)

Incontinence is 100% preventable and reversible if you do these exercises. This therapy saves the French healthcare system hundreds of thousands of euros by preventing future problems....

Sorry so long. I just think more women should be aware of this so please share!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial