Your Body on Yoga: Sympathetic & Parasympathetic<br>Kristin Leal

Your Body on Yoga: Sympathetic & Parasympathetic
Kristin Leal

Watch this Talk
Jenny S
1 person likes this.
I’ve been hoping you would do a season on this subject...I love the way you use similes metaphors (in all your classes) to help explain what could otherwise be technical and dry. Thanks so much for your sweet and often funny self!
Kristin Leal
Oh that's so kind Jenny ! I'm really happy you're here!
Caroline K
2 people like this.
Playing the nervous system lectures over and over again. Not just for m own life/practice, but thinking of the physiological effects of chronic stress or trauma, starting in childhood which is a contributing factor to early onset diabetes and all kinds of illnesses. One can only imagine that children subjected to violence, verbal and physical abuse, and other traumas are starting life hugely disadvantaged.
Kristin Leal
Caroline I've been thinking about this a lot these days. The work of Kyra Haglund on this site has been a valuable resource for me and my students. Thank you for being here and sharing your voice to these discussions.
Kate M
I was wondering... does the pendulum shift from sympathetic to parasympathetic NS correspond to the change in dominance of breath flow through the nostrils?
Kristin Leal
1 person likes this.
YES Kate !! When the sympathetic is dominant /right nostril (pingala) is dominant and when the parasympathetic is dominant/ left nostril (ida) is dominant!
Kate M
How cool!!!
Kristin Leal
1 person likes this.
The NS is super cool Kate !!
Kate M
Timely information for stressful times!  Be well, Kristin : )
Kristin Leal
1 person likes this.
oh I'm so happy to hear that it was useful Kate! Sending love:)
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial