Yoga for Grief: Tool: Ripples of Loss<br>Michelle Marlahan

Yoga for Grief: Tool: Ripples of Loss
Michelle Marlahan

Watch this Talk
Jenny S
1 person likes this.
This was such great tool for me. To actually sit down and chart the circles of grief and loss and the aftermath was quite revealing, especially when I was finished and had this whole sort of “map” in front of me that I could actually look at and make sense of in an almost objective way, if that makes sense...thank you for these teachings 🙏🏻♥️
Michelle Marlahan
It makes total sense. I had a similar experience of "seeing" the parts of my loss in a way that I couldn't quite explain. I'm so glad you did the exercise (I think it's easy to watch and not 'do') and that it was revealing for you! All these ways to interact with our grief help fill in the sketch of who we are "after."

Thanks so much for sharing your insights!
Louise O
1 person likes this.
Thank you for sharing this Michelle.  My experience with it was interesting. As I was thinking about this ripple effect, I remembered as a child how I enjoyed throwing a rock high in the air over some water, hearing it land with a plop and watching the ripples travel away from the center until I couldn't see them anymore.  Sometimes I'd do this with a handful of pebbles and the cascading sound was pretty cool. The ripples colliding created a little storm of chaotic water.  I made a connection to that chaotic water of my playful childhood, as I realized that the confused, buffeted, unpredictable sense that I carry with me so often these days reflects the nature of my grieving process now, as I dance with not only my most recent loss but a lifetime of losses which I am only now choosing to unpack and move through. What I also remember from my play; even those multiple ripples from multiple pebbles at once moved on, and smoother water returned. 
Michelle Marlahan
What a gorgeous supplement to the exercise. So simple, yet it brings a whole new depth to the exploration of ripples. I love the visual, as well as calling on nature as teacher, the ever Wise One. Thank you for sharing your story and gifting us all with this richness to take into our own inquiries.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial