Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 15: Power 3<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 15: Power 3
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Tracy S
3 people like this.
Todays practice was challenging and powerful! Thank you!
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Side locust was something I hadn't tried which was a fun balancing act.  Third wheel was very challenging.  I always wanted to go up in pinch m./ dolphin but as in handstand that has not been available.  The locust with arms up and legs bent was challenging as my thighs felt like they might cramp up.  How much effect does age have on our efforts in the poses?  Always like the way you have recovery between the poses.
Nathan Briner
Christel, age has a lot to do with how we perform the poses. I should mention that we are complex beings with many factors influencing our bodies and energy. But age is a big one. Flexibility, endurance, balance, etc., will all be affected as we get older. That is fact. However, having a commitment to a regular movement program is like investing in your 401k. Regular movement, especially movement with awareness, helps to slow and minimize the impact of aging. I work with amazing 70-80 year old people who have been seeing me for a number of years. They can often outperform my 40-50 year old clients who have done minimal movement or exercise. It’s amazing! 
And I should mention that sometimes when we struggle in a pose it may simply be unfamiliar to the body. It may not have the clarity or strength to accomplish the pose with ease, yet. This is one of the reasons I appreciate the well rounded nature of yoga. It offer us so many ways to explore and investigate our body AND mind. 
Keep up the great work and maybe take a note to come back to this practice after you’ve gone through the challenge. You might surprise yourself at how much stronger you’ve become 😄
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Yup I’m not that far from that age category but keep up with a daily practice even if it can only be for a short session.  Thanks for your feedback.
Charlie S
1 person likes this.
Today's practice was tough for me, I had to pause, breathe and really focus on why I have chosen to take this challenge on. Once I did this I had a sense of renewed strength and confidence. Looking forward to the next class. 
Nathan Briner
Charlie, you are definitely in the thick of a strong set of practices. You handled it perfectly: Take a step back, breathe and feel where you’re really at and what needs to happen next. A soothing restorative practice is on the way soon! 
Please reach out if you need any help with a difficult pose. 
All my best!
Catherine R
1 person likes this.
I am finding the use of props in the Power series to be very original and helpful. Pushing up into full wheel pose will always be my “white whale,” but with some of the new cues you have provided I am inching ever closer. Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Catherine, I'm glad to hear you are finding a new appreciation for these poses via props. Having that extra support or guidance from these tools can make everything so much clearer and accessible. I have to admit that these concepts are straight out of BKS Iyengar's playbook. So credit goes to him :)
Jean C
1 person likes this.
first time i ever did an at home practice and am surprised how much i like the challenge series,  i do have to build upper body strength and have trouble with the backbends so i have been doing my own modified versions..    thanks you!
Nathan Briner
jean! I am so happy you’re enjoying the challenge! It’s the perfect to try something new :) 
You mention upper body strength and backbends. If you need any help with how to progress the arm strength or modifications for backbends, I would love to help. Reach out any time!
I look forward to hearing how the rest of the challenge goes for you 🙏
11-20 of 55

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial