Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 18: Power 6<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 18: Power 6
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Nathan Briner
Hi Bridget! Sounds like you’re sticking the balance poses. Very nice! 
What kind of challenges are you experiencing with the arm balances? Anything I can help with? 
Bridget
1 person likes this.
I'm having difficulty getting deeply into the pose. I not able to reach both of my hands down, like in the Side Crow. I almost did it later by reaching my hands a little further out but, then wasn't able to completely lift-off.
Nathan Briner
Bridget! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve been super busy filming a new season :)
The entry to side crow is quite a challenge. From what I hear you saying, it sounds like you might do well experimenting with starting standing on a strong block to give you a change in launch height. This will let you lean over from a more advantageous position. Does that make sense? 
Bridget
1 person likes this.
I think so? I tried it and it made it more difficult to reach the ground. I'm going to watch it again, without doing, to see how you're getting there. Thanks for your help and guidance through the poses. I'm looking forward to practicing the challenges again.
Sarah-Jane Stephens
I have been loving this challenge and have felt some really significant changes in my body . Thank you for all the brilliant tips on how to get the most out of each pose. I am doing this during our third Lockdown in the UK 
Nathan Briner
Bridget, I see what you’re saying. It’s a tricky trade off. If you raise the feet to get into the pose, it’s even farther to reach the ground. I could suggest blocks for the hands but then it will likely be more difficult for you to tilt into the pose. Try flat blocks under the hands and let me know how that goes. 
Nathan Briner
Great to be here with you Sarah-Jane S! And all the way from the UK :) hopefully we will all be out of this mess very soon with the vaccinations rolling out. 
If you ever need any personalized help please don’t hesitate to reach out. And if you have a spare minute, check in again and let me know how the rest of the challenge is going. 
All my best!
Tracy C
1 person likes this.
Nathan, I was away taking my SUP instructor course so I missed a few days cause I went camping with out WIFI....I just wanted you to know that your challenge really helped me in a few different ways. More courage and confidence. More strength and endurance to spend 7 hours every day on the water. But mostly, not to "run" ahead of myself. It was really easy to pull myself in and stay in the moment when my mind began to speed ahead in what ever drama it might want to get tangled in... so... Thanks so much... I hope to catch up and finish in the right amount of time....but..then again, it's okay if I don't !!! Fare thee well...
Nathan Briner
Tracy C thanks for taking the time to say hello. Sounds like you’ve been having fun on the water. 
It makes me feel wonderful to know that you’ve gotten so much from the challenge. It’s there for you whenever you’re ready to jump back in. I look forward to seeing your next comment in the lesson series. Be well and we’ll connect soon. 
Jacinthe L
1 person likes this.
Hello  Nathan, power has been challenging but I am loving it. Crow is my nemesis, no matter which one (full, half or whatever else you can think of that looks like crow) so I will have to come back to this section of the challenge to practice. I really enjoy all the  cues that you provide, the standing poses are no longer the challenge they used to be. 
31-40 of 48

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial