Slow Flow and Meditation: Mindful and at Ease<br>Alana Mitnick

Slow Flow and Meditation: Mindful and at Ease
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
2 people like this.
Loved experiencing the seated meditation during the body of the practice. This really allows for a total dropping-in, without the distraction of the brain anticipating that the end of practice is near...often in that situation my mind begins planning for what’s coming up next rather than simply being in the “now.” Also I took your advice and settled into a nice cozy savasana at the end of practice which really felt awesome today! 🙏🏻
Alana Mitnick
Jenny, thank you for sharing, always! I've realized (thanks to Kira) that if I don't prioritize and give space for a seated meditation, that it usually gets squeezed in at the end... mostly because the asana feels so good. The mind is always so busy trying to run the show and anticipate what's next, isn't it?! So nice to have some quiet and stillness, even for just a few moments. Enjoy your day love! xoA
Helen C
2 people like this.
Thank you Alana, liking the meditation early in session felt I focused a lot more on the movements as I had tuned myself into them.
Still having problems with step through, they look more like “shuffle through”
Alana Mitnick
Hi Helen, Wonderful to hear from you! Yes, great observations. The "step through" or "shuffle through" is not easy and it's not for everyone, but practice helps. You might play with two blocks, one under each hand. From downward dog, experiment with stepping forward into your lunge and back to downward dog. Here's an example from Brighten Your Day (it's a spicier practice but gives you a sense of a few "drills" you might play with). Keep me posted! Love, Alana 
Jenny A
2 people like this.
I'm in love with this series! And the meditation in the middle was a great idea!
You are a wonderful teacher and I look forward to practicing more of your classes.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Jenny, Thank you so much for joining me! So delighted to be practicing Yoga together. Stay close. Love, Alana 
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I found this practice so nurturing. The meditation in the middle was wonderful.
Alana Mitnick
Ali, So lovely to hear! May we discover these moments of meditation and Wonder throughout our day. Love, Alana 
Traci D
1 person likes this.
Looking for a practice with you today. This one called out. Thank you...so good!
Alana Mitnick
Oh so good to hear from you, Traci! I'm so happy that you got your practice in! I was just thinking about you this morning as I was watering the garden. Sending love xoA

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial