Move to Meditate: Maha Mudra Flow<br>Nuria  Reed

Move to Meditate: Maha Mudra Flow
Nuria Reed

Watch this Practice
Michelle F
1 person likes this.
Hello Nuria,
Thanks so much for another thought provoking practice....wow, right from the beginning this was absorbing! Nuria - at around 2 minutes when you cross wrists,take them into body and then stretch out arms...wow - mine simply would not separate even a mm at first! from my body!!! I was so surprised that I stopped the video thinking I must have misunderstood instructions, pero no ..es asi!!! haha ...could you maybe explain your understanding of what´s going on  ? I will ,of course continue researching on myself but would appreciate any further thoughts!
Thank you so much - have a beautiful day!
loveandpeacexxxxx
Nuria
Hey Michelle! Thanks for your kind words. This is one of my favorite practices from the series too, it's pretty deep. 

So, about that big wrist release...sometimes if the biceps (in addition to the wrists) are quite tight that can limit the range of motion. What you are describing is totally normal by the way! It's a biproduct of western lifestyle too much time on keyboards etc. You could do some smaller wrist releases and then try that big on again in a few weeks. Let me know how it goes!
x nuria
Michelle F
Nuria,
Thanks so much for your thoughtful informative reply! So fascinated was I by this experience that throughout the day I kept trying it again every so often, but gently!! However next morning my left wrist was so painful tha tfor the next few days I couldnt do any weight bearing on it - it helped me focus. I have two ganglions on left hand - one on wrist and one on upper palm (Ive had them for more than 40 years!!!) and I managed to make some connection with this and what was happening - I have repeated the exercise gently every day  and also tried some guided Feldenkrais (a random youtube video which was TOTALLY fab!)and now find it easier to separate my arms. Isnt it such a fascinating journey?
Have a beautifulday
loveandpeace xxx
Nuria
1 person likes this.
Michelle  😀 I find when the intention to heal the body is there the path unfolds! Thanks for the update.  x
Francesca Venturini
I loved your kindness to soul and body :)
Nuria
Francesca V Thank you dear one!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial