Empowered Aging: More Hatha, Less Flow<br>Jason Schneider

Empowered Aging: More Hatha, Less Flow
Jason Schneider

Watch this Practice
Sharon
3 people like this.
Today I turned on YOGA ANYTIME to restore after coming home from a studio Vinyasa Flow class.  I found a pleasant surprise that Jason just released his second class “More Hatha, Less Flow”.  A perfect timing. I really appreciate the slower pace with longer holds for minding checks & balances, fine tuning alignment, and feeling the nuances, etc. My joints have a tendency to hyperextend. So Jason’s reminders to keep a little bend of elbows, tightening arm muscles, and rotating the triceps inwards are very helpful to protect my joints. Arm and shoulder rotations while on Table Top are really great.  We don’t currently have dogs, but our cat curiously watches when I go on Table Top  (“Why is the human on all 4’s,  not standing?”) and when I do slow breath work just like her natural deep breathing. Jason’s mention of animals (seals, too) is fun and lightens up the practice. Thank you! I’m looking forward to more classes with Jason. 

Kira C
1 person likes this.
Great class, remarkably challenging to the mind and body.  Just what I needed.  Thank you.
Jason S
2 people like this.
Thank you Sharon & Kira.   Without a doubt, I’m a fan of slow and methodical movement, where we can explore and celebrate the power of each Asana.   While Vinyasa is about the flow and connecting of Asanas, let’s take a moment to appreciate the pose we’re in before thinking or moving on to the next!  (I think that’s an allegory for life, right!?)
Dawnie P
1 person likes this.
Thanks Jason,
I really enjoyed the long holds and the inward focus in these seemingly simple poses, that are only simple when they are  done without focus. The depth in each pose with the longer hold was palpable. Considering each pose in depth rather than treating the poses  as a station stop to the next asana gave this practice true clarity. I look forward to more.
Jason S
1 person likes this.
Dawnie, thanks for the feedback and I ❤️❤️❤️ your description of “station stop!”  One of my favorite quotes I use in class is from Nanette Mathews “ if you’re always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you are in?”
This may sound like a greeting card, but it’s my life mantra and I hope I can inspire others to try it.   Life is shorter than we can ever imagine.  Therefore, take time to savor a great piece of chocolate, the simple joy in the laughter of a child, the beauty of a blue sky and the depth of feeling from a good yoga pose.  If you know it, you just know it!
Kim I
Thanks Jason, really loved the pace of this practice.  My yoga teacher, Claire, used to do this type of slower yoga in her classes and it is so good to have time to really get the time to really think about what my body was doing.  I also love your quote, I think this is one for life really as we all are guilty of rushing through our busy lives without taking the time to fully enjoy doing what we are actually doing at that particular moment.  Discovering yoga and mindfulness were both really life changing for me.  This will be one of my favourite practices going forward.  Thank you so much
Michelle F
Jason,
Lovely to meet you virtually!
This was a wonderful experience for me - just exactly what I needed! Slow and sure! I look forward to the next session
Have a beautiful day!
loveandpeacexxx
Jason S
1 person likes this.
Thank You Kim I for your feedback and mentioning my quote at the end of the practice.    I spent so much of my life claiming "I am not emotional.  I am not spiritual.  I am not...I am not...I am not."   Well, along my journey I learned "Maybe I actually am."   I enjoy sitting in silence and appreciating the moment.  I've learned to tune in to what makes me feel good, happy and secure...and lean into it unapologetically!   In a society of GO GO GO....isn't it wonderful to just pull back, go a bit slower and enjoy the experience of it all.  The destination, in the end, may be the same.  But perhaps we would enjoy the journey more because we had time to take in all the scenery, say hello to a few people along the way and savor the experience!
Hope we get to practice together again, soon!
Jason S
Thank you Michelle F.  Glad we could flow together at a pace that just works for each of us!
Roberta W
Thank you Jason, I too enjoyed slowing down and getting more detailed instructions on the poses. It gives depth to the class. In some vinyasa classes rush through the poses without fully embodying them. I also like that you are doing a class designed for seniors. Slow is mighty!
1-10 of 15

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial