Asana Studies: Restore and Nourish
Padma Borrego

Watch this Practice
Jane H
2 people like this.
A peaceful practice . Just what I needed this morning. Thank you . Xj
Elaine Fox
2 people like this.
Very nice. I like how you closed the practice so quietly, making it easy for us to stay in the final pose longer if we needed to.
Silke S
3 people like this.
A wonderful quiet practice - delightful. May I ask you a question? I feel the forward bend intense in my back, but in a positiv way. A friend of mine had a disc prolapse three years ago, she needs to relax her lower back. Would you recommend a longer forward bend, to someone who had a disc prolapse? Normally I try to avoid teaching forward folds, but on the other side I think it might be helpful to relax this area. Thank you for your answer. Silke
Padma Borrego
Hi Silke and thank you for the question.
Disc prolapse can be handled in different ways.
One is taking into account who the person is. Are they getting better, or is it staying the same. The body has an incredible capacity to heal especially if the input into the body has changed, eg, load distribution is more efficient, body is stronger and balanced. think of disc prolapse as a imbalance of strength or organization of the body. If she is getting better then experiment. you can start with the body more neutral. laying on the back with the spine neutral and doing variations with legs, arms, simple twists, then adding forward bends and back bends. gentle to start. less is more and then wait to see how the body handles it. she should feel more focus and strength in her body if you are going in the right direction. i hope i answered the question. if not please ask me to clarify. :)

Kate M
That helped to smooth out some ruffles from certain events of the day : ) Thank you.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial