Step By Step: Eka Pada Koundinyasa<br>Brenda Lear

Step By Step: Eka Pada Koundinyasa
Brenda Lear

Watch this Tutorial
Katherine M
1 person likes this.
Thank you! I love how challenging yet simple your offering is.
Hannah S
1 person likes this.
Thank you Brenda, I really enjoy this and the other Step by Steps!
Melisse R
1 person likes this.
Love the preparation steps and their full explanation....until the very end.... What action helps the back leg lift rather than remain on the floor??
Brenda Lear
Hi Melisse, Thanks for your note. Sorry I left you hanging a bit in the video...it is definitely a challenge teaching to a camera without the instant feedback from live students (I am always learning, so I appreciate your note.) Hopefully this helps: Instead of focusing on the back leg lifting, think about extension through the front leg (which does take a bit of flexibility in the hamstring and hip flexors), simultaneously shining your heart gently forward. This will provide leverage for the back leg to begin to feel buoyant. Try to avoid muscling though the pose and explore the length and expansion of the pose. It takes time and patience (and practice) to find the balance. Enjoy a playful journey into the pose and let me know if this helps.
Bridgid M
one of my favorite quotes would apply to Eka Pada Koundinyasa "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial