Van Life: a Yogini's Journey Through New Zealand (Blog)

Van Life: a Yogini's Journey Through New Zealand (Blog)

Read This Article
Debra D
2 people like this.
Dear Kari, It's lovely to read that you had such a happy time here (I live in the Bay of Plenty in New Zealand). In 2010 I travelled north of California for the first time and I was struck by how much the Pacific Northwest reminded me of home (forests, misty rain, moody coast, earth-connected people). In my experience there's always been a lot of ashtanga in New Zealand and usually strict and traditional(!), but recently I've noticed that yin is becoming hugely popular. I think that might be because people live an active lifestyle here and all those cyclists, runners, hikers, swimmers and triathletes are finding the efficacious wonderfulness of the long stretch. I look forward to practising with your flow class when I have concluded the other nourishing shows I'm engaged with at the moment. Much love from this shore of the Pacific to yours.... Debra
Kari Sims Anthon
Thanks so much for your comment Debra ! I totally agree that NZ is similar to the PNW; I think that is why Oregon and NZ feel like a wonderful balance and compliment to each other for my family and our adventures. I look forward to practicing together here at YogaAnytime! With love and blessings, Namaste Kari

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial