10 Signs You Have a Vata Imbalance (and How to Help!) (Blog)

10 Signs You Have a Vata Imbalance (and How to Help!) (Blog)

Read This Article
Susan F
3 people like this.
This is such a wonderful description. I do not suffer from this but watch people who do. Is there any advice for when it abruptly wears off? Usually people "crash" and are de-energized. Thank you for any thought on this.
Ali Cramer
4 people like this.
Susan, thank you for reading and asking. The Ayurvedic perspective recognizes “stages” of disease. The symptoms I mentioned are the disease showing itself, what you described sounds like a more advanced stage. And yes, people crash hard when Vata imbalance goes too far. Hopefully these suggestions can work to prevent that. If it’s too late and the crash happens, sleep will help! And restorative yoga. And all the above mentioned tools, plus some sunshine and/or time in nature-such a great way to replenish Prana. Take care! Namaste, Ali
Chris C
3 people like this.
Love it, thank you for sharing... :) I am just starting to watch your series and learn more about Ayurveda... Being a clinician it's a great compliment to my 'scienfic-analytical' brain... ;) Now learning to be that more tuned into my body at a deeper level. :)
Ali Cramer
2 people like this.
Chris thanks so much for your receptivity! Hope you enjoy the other videos. Namaste, Ali
Janeissy A
2 people like this.
Thank you Ali Cramer for your explanation, I am totally new to Ayurveda and I can identify a couple of symptoms of Vata misbalance. Working on grounding my self and balance. Great post!
Ali Cramer
3 people like this.
Janeissy glad you enjoyed. May I recommend my Intro to Ayurveda talk from the first season of the Ayurveda show-it will give you an overview of the basics. Namaste and thanks for reading!
Janeissy A
2 people like this.
Hello Ali Cramer , thank you for the recommendation. It was an awesome introduction. Will continue to learn and following this show!
Ali Cramer
2 people like this.
Janeissy awww thanks! Enjoy!
Dayna Wildern
I suffer from many of these things if not all. I am however still unsure what my dosha is, I've taken many online tests and they all say different things though I've got pitta the most. Is there a test you recommend? 
Ali Cramer
Dayna Wildern there are two concepts in terms of dosha in Ayurveda. One is prakruti, which is your constitution at birth, and the other is vikruti, which is your current state. I think quizzes can be a great jumping off point, but they are not the whole story. If you are really curious about a tailored Ayurvedic wellness plan, please get in touch with me at alicramer.com or get in touch with another Ayurvedic practitioner. Self diagnosing can be very tricky, and mistakes can throw us off balance. Wishing you good health, Ali 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial