Black Lives Matter (Blog)

Black Lives Matter (Blog)

Read This Article
Lydia Zamorano
Thank you. Ready to continue to learn and grown together. 

Jennifer W
2 people like this.
I would really like a weekly feature or highlight of Black, Brown,  Indigenous and other people of color instructors on this site. 
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Jennifer, such a great idea, thank you! We are currently working to go live with several new and familiar instructors of color. Please let us know of any suggestions you have of teachers you love to meet and highlight. Warmly, Kira
William J
1 person likes this.
I am really surprised that yogaanytime is supporting Black Lives Matter. The founders of that organization are avowed Marxist as they have stated several times very recently. I joined to practice yoga, not to be lectured to about how I should treat people of color. As a martial artist I have trained with people from many ethnicities and we always, with rare exception, treated each other with dignity and respect.  I as well as many others , black, white, yellow or red know that BLM  are up to no good. It is sad to see that everything, even yoga, has become political in the United States. Very disappointed in you guys at YA.
Sincerely, 
WR  Jernigan
US Navy veteran
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
William, I am very glad you have written. I am having trouble fitting my response into our draconian 1000 character limit here. I am filing a bug for engineering and replying to you via our private message system. I hope you get it. Grateful, Kira 

Michelle F
2 people like this.
I was taught at an early age that " the personal is political" - our practice cannot nor should it be an escape from the world and all its perceived problems, especially in these tumultuous harsh times...it should be an aid in helping us remember that though we may not agree with everything others think or believe we got to have compassion and not be scared of opinions or views different to our own - I reckon we all struggle with that to a greater or lesser degree! I know I do.....   I am glad to see yogaanytime addressing the "lack of diversity" and I didnt feel lectured to at all.
Keep up the good work
loveandpeacexxxx

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial