Too Tight to Stretch: Stiff Neck and Shoulders<br>Alana Mitnick

Too Tight to Stretch: Stiff Neck and Shoulders
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Leah K
Thank you for the gentle sequence to stretch out the neck and shoulders! Many of the stretches were tough but the reminders to breathe and back off if needed were helpful.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Leah, So glad you are here! I find myself doing different variations of this same sequence every day to release my neck and shoulders. I remember Erich Schiffmann once said something like, "the fastest way to move 'deep' is slowly." Makes so much sense. :) xoA
Alicia C
THANK YOU!!!! This has helped me so much today. I am so so stiff and sore in the neck and shoulders all the time and I feel like regularly doing this is going to really help. Also, why do I always cry in yoga??
Emma M
Wonderful. I've been away from movement for so long I wondered how I would ever find a way back in. This is it, I can move again. Thank you so much.
Beth C
I love this practice. I am an artist and at the easel many hours a day. This helps release all the tension I build up and relieves so much upper back and neck pain! And I really enjoy your calm guidance.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Beth! I'm so happy to hear that found some relief and release in your upper back and neck. I love this practice too. :) xoA
Darryl H
2 people like this.
Wall stretch is a winner.
Alana Mitnick
Happy to hear, darryl. So delighted to be practicing together! Warmly, Alana
Nikola J
1 person likes this.
Oh my, I did not realise how tight I have become in my upper body. So glad I have come across this practice. It's one that I'm going to have to repeat several times. Thank you so much. 
Alana Mitnick
Hi Nikola, Isn't it amazing? I am always surprised by how much tension I seem to carry--especially in the neck, shoulders, and upper back. I'm glad you discovered this practice and found relief. This is sequence is my go-to for unwinding tension and finding greater ease. So glad you are here! Warmly, Alana
31-40 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial