Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 26: Integration 2<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 26: Integration 2
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Nathan Briner
Wow, Debra! That’s wonderful to hear about the shoulder. I am right there with you on the “strength” thoughts. I find my practice noticeably deepens when I add some weights to my weekly exercise. So happy that you’re enjoying the challenge. I would love to hear more from you as you continue. If you have any questions about the shoulder please don’t hesitate to ask. 
All my best!
Ishara S
2 people like this.
It makes me laugh how lifting and pressing the block overhead in chair can feel more difficult than holding chaturanga! Of course, every one of these days has had a challenge, to be sure. But oh how great the details you give! Question: with the inner arm lift--let's say in down dog--do you still then try to bring the cubital crease/elbow eyes to face one another?
Nathan Briner
Ishara , I’m glad you’re enjoying the challenges!
The inner arm lift, in the way I’m intending it here is less about an overt physical rotation like I think you’re describing. What I’m aiming at is that the inner arm (bicep side) has the same sensation of lift away from the floor that the outside edge has (tricep side).  Typically the inner edge collapses downward toward the floor. This adjustment may cause the eyes of the elbow to rotate some but the ultimate sense is a perfect balance of lift between the inner and outer edges. You’ll feel this balance be expressed in the hands, the shoulder blades, and chest. It sets up the whole body for opening. 
Ishara S
1 person likes this.
Thank you Nathan--that clarifies it perfectly. 
Christel B
1 person likes this.
All the cues help deepen the practice, fine tuning the alignment in the poses with the awareness that your cues allow. Yes, Ido feel more opening in the chest especially as I did cobra and up dog on the blocks.  Bringing the elbows together when lifting the block behind the back and touching it to the headway helpful to rotate the shoulders, feeling the stretch down the side body.
Nathan Briner
Awesome, Christel! You’ve really captured these adjustments and the get experience within the body!
Catherine R
Subtle changes with big impact! The work with the hands at the beginning of the practice was life-changing!
Nathan Briner
Wonderful to hear,Catherine !!
Jensy K
2 people like this.
I am working my way through your challenge.  Really like your tips and tricks on how to feel if you are in the pose correctly.  Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Jensy, thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing that you’re feeling deeper into the poses. I dive into this much more later on in the challenge but the awareness that grows through practicing like you are will be a wonderful asset to all parts of your life. 
11-20 of 32

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial