Yoga for Trauma: What is Trauma?<br>Kyra Haglund

Yoga for Trauma: What is Trauma?
Kyra Haglund

Watch this Talk
Nina G
Thank you for giving your heart to this work. It is so powerful in developing a society based in health and love.
Bridgid M
The arm and hand representing the brain really helped me to put things into a better perspective. Thank You!
Jill
1 person likes this.
Thank you for this scientific explanation of trauma and how it effects the brain. Your examples of the animal world were especially helpful. This is the first video I’ve seen that really explains trauma so clearly and with such kindness. I’m actually looking forward to diving into this series.
Lizette V
2 people like this.
Your compassion & empathy come through so beautifully! Thank you for explaining trauma so thoroughly -- love the part where you explain that the emotional brain has no words. I try to logically make sense out of things but am such a feeler & perhaps I just need to allow my feelings the space they deserve.  With the current circumstances in the world, this is much needed. Thank you again!
Shayna H
2 people like this.
Thank you so much for this course. Recently coming to terms with childhood trauma and resultant anger issues and manipulative behavior in therapy. So grateful to learn from you.  
Murali
2 people like this.
It was so profound watching this episode. The "freezing" response, while not the most prominent one (we talk much more about flight and fight), in retrospective, is the most damaging because it isn't revealing itself; looking back, I feel that I was frozen for months, if not years, before I realized that most of my day to day actions were a reflection of a frozen state of mind wrapped in denial. I can see this clearly now. I am very grateful to have found this course, and to be learning from Ms. Kyra.
Marcia D
2 people like this.
You're a gift to my life! I've just spent three months of hell with intense anxiety resulting in panic attacks. Hearing your explanation now makes me understand more than any doctor has even tried...how my body can be effected by this stress. Waking up 2-5 x at night with burning in upper arms and rapid heart rate lead me to every test on the planet. All proved to be normal. I was sure I was at death's door. At 78, this was alarming! Your simple explanation in this video and one of your meditation videos has already made such a difference in my life. Last night, I only awoke 2x and did some slow breathing and fell back to sleep. Thank you, Kyra.
Kyra Haglund
Marcia, wow!  Go you!!  I'm really some of this is clicking for you and helping to support some settling.  I hope it continues to settle.  And thank you for sharing this with me - it means a lot.  May you be well, good human!  kyra. 
Moira C
Redirected back to this practice from Season 3 session on Social Connection. ✅✅✅✅ thank you, Kyra!
Moira C
I have returned, more than I can remember to this video, thank you Kyra, for talking/calming me down. I see “bears” daily 🙏💪🏼😀
11-20 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial