Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 5: It's a New Day<br>Shelley Williams

Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 5: It's a New Day
Shelley Williams

Watch this Practice
Tracy S
2 people like this.
Thank you for another wonderful building practice. A great way to take on the day!
Helen D
1 person likes this.
Hi Shelley, thank you for another worthwhile session. I’m not very flexible so when doing the standing up pose on one leg and stretching out the other leg with the strap, does it matter if the standing leg is slightly bent ? I noticed if I straighten the standing leg I’m not able to lift the other leg up as high with the strap, so feel less stretching in the leg muscles with the strap on it. Cheers Helen
Shelley Williams
Tracy Hi Tracy~ You are so welcome, how's it all going for you? Hope you continue to enjoy!
Shelley Williams
Helen Hola Helen! Great question and feedback that everyone can benefit from: Try your best to work on straightening standing leg first, and keeping it straight while you slowly open up the flexibility of the raised leg over time. This will keep the integrity of the pose as a whole, and also help to open the standing leg psoas/ hip flexor while allowing flexibility to increase from upper attachment of lifted leg hammy... so I guess the short answer is to try and do both, . My best!
Gabriel W
2 people like this.
Brilliant. Thank you.
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Wow. The sequencing to standing Padangusthasana with legs straight created a unique feeling of equipoise today. I usually just go straight into it (Ashtanga vinyasa-style) - this felt quite different, and heavenly. Gotta share this progression with my "Ashtanginis" Tuesday!!!
Shelley Williams
Kate! Ahhhh you are an ashtangi! Bueno~ I practiced Mysore for several years, very healing to my body ... glad you like the variations, I love the way creative Vinyasa allows us to find new freedom inside the shapes~ lmk how your peeps respond ... my best to you!
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Shelley Williams - confession: glad the Ashtanga police weren't sniffing around the community center last night because we kind of free-styled!! I used (more-or-less) the sequencing ideas around Padangusthasana, and I will definitely again! It is so helpful in finding a balance in the hips. You're a genius!!
Shelley Williams
Kate hola! Form and freedom💜~ they need each other
Devi N
2 people like this.
Love practising with Shelley.  
1-10 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial