Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 28: Integration 4<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 28: Integration 4
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Meagan P
Hi Nathan! Another amazing practice! I had to take a break after having surgery. Nothing major,  but it was sudden.   I'm fine now and back to finish this wonderful challenge. 
One thing- I don't know if it was my chromecast connection, or what,  but this video kept jumping around, meaning I had to stop quite a number of times to fix it.  Hopefully it was only on my side,  but thought I should mention it anyway.  Thanks again! 
Kira Sloane
Hi Meagan! Thanks for the note about the Chromecast! We will investigate. Glad you are enjoying Nathan's challenge. Warmly, Kira
Nathan Briner
Welcome back, Meagan. I hope you’re feeling strong and healthy after your surgery. 
As for the jumping video, I’m not sure. If there is a glitch at Yoga Anytime I know they’ll have that corrected right away. 
I’ll catch you in the next lesson :)

Rosanna S
Good morning! I think I made a mistake today of doing this practice after a quiet and grounding winter solstice practice. Lesson learned to stick with one practice and to end on a quiet note.

I've noticed with these deep quad stretches that my knees feels sore for a few days afterwards, like a dull achiness. Is that normal, am I overdoing it, or am I stretching in the wrong place? I have very tight hips.
Nathan Briner
Rosanna S, tightness is a word that I have trouble with. When I see my clients,  tightness for them usually refers to a felt sensation of stiffness at end range. Often these clients demonstrate lots or excessive range of motion in the joint and muscles they call tight. And, to combat what they call tightness, they stretch the heck out of it. Curiously the “tightness” never seems to go away. I would suggest that that feeing of tightness is instead a last attempt by the nervous system to say beware! You are pushing me to the point of straining ligaments. For these folks I almost always direct them toward strengthening the area of concern, not stretching. So if this sounds like you, you may be over doing the stretches hunting for that feeling of “stretch”, when in fact you’re eliciting the language of protection, and its big brother - pain.  Try backing off the stretches a little and focusing on directly strengthening the quads and hamstrings for about 3-4 weeks and let’s see how the knees feel :)
Arik O
1 person likes this.
Doing this practice for the second time I really noticed the subtle effects that releasing the sacrum down has. Warrior 1 was a completely different pose for me after the work in this practice. You are a great teacher and I continue to learn from this challenge.
Nathan Briner
That’s awesome Arik O! I love to hear that you’re doing the challenge again. Doing it multiple times really highlights the changes in both body and mind. 
Thank you for your kind words. I hope to hear more of your discoveries as they unfold. 
Sandra Židan
I feel so much opening in my chest, spone, legs and hips! Thank you very much, Nathan, for sharing this beautiful practice with us! Namaste! 💖
11-18 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial