Start Yoga: Practice 1: Lets Begin<br>Alana Mitnick

Start Yoga: Practice 1: Lets Begin
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Lesley W
1 person likes this.
This is such a therapeutic escape. Alana is wonderful. Thank you.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Lesley! So delighted you are here and enjoying this course! Please keep me posted on any questions or insights that may arise. xoA
Carole J
1 person likes this.
Alana is so easy to follow. I really enjoyed this practice!
Alana Mitnick
Wonderful, Carole! Please keep me posted on your journey throughout the course. Enjoy! xoA
Angela J
Hi I have enjoyed taking my time with this practice and feeling every part of my body as it went through the various poses. In classes it is hard to do this when you are a beginner as you are too focused on keeping up I find. Also question: why do we always roll onto the right side to ease ourselves up?
Alana Mitnick
Hi Angela! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear that you were able to feel and connect to every part of your body as you went through the poses.
This is such a great question - regarding why in yoga we traditionally roll onto the right side. There are a handful of physical, psychologically, and symbolic reasons for rolling to right. In my experience, I find it's quite calming for the nervous system and allows the heart to rest above the organs, which means there's less pressure on the heart. However, during pregnancy, woman are often advised to roll (or sleep) on their left side to increase circulation and blood flood to the placenta, as well as to relieve the pressure of the uterus from resting on top the liver. Most importantly, listen to your body and allow it to guide you. I hope this is helpful. xo Alana
Scuba Chick
I loved this practice. Great job, Alana Mitnick
Alana Mitnick
Hi Scuba Chick! So delighted to be practicing together. Keep me posted! xoA
Maria Elena D
Thank you Alana 🙏 this was a lovely practice💜
Alana Mitnick
Hi Maria Elena! So glad you are here! Please connect in with questions along the way as you practice. xoA
1-10 of 41

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial