30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 11: Move Forward<br>Robert Sidoti

30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 11: Move Forward
Robert Sidoti

Watch this Practice
Robert Sidoti
Hi Rachel !! Thanks for the message and question! Some people love them, for some it’s painful and uncomfortable. With that said - there are a few things to consider And ways to modify when attempting this shape. 
First - if you know you have bulged/herniated discs, and forward bending doesn’t feel good, stay away from it, not worth it. If it’s uncomfortable because of the tilt of your pelvis or tight hamstrings and low back - try bending your legs a bit, roll a blanket/block under your knees to relieve discomfort. Move Pelvis to forward tilt (untuck tailbone). Sit up on a block or blanket to help tilt pelvis forward. 
Do the single leg option, my preferred way! 
And lastly (lots lore options and tips, just difficult to share here fully) Don’t bend forward, sit up tall in spine, keep your legs and feet super engaged and tip forward mildly until you feel the gentle pull and stretch in hammies:)) 
Hope this is helpful! Happy practicing! 
Ruth Morgan
Hi Robert, you are keeping me flexed and fit during Covid-19 time at home. Great for mind and body! Thanks Ruth
Robert Sidoti
Hey hey hey Ruth !! Glad to be of service and so happy it’s helping you feel these things during this unstable time - sending big hugs and  deep breaths :)) Robert
Matthew
2 people like this.
nice to imagine everyone else doing the practice or having done it at some time. 'physically distanced and socially connected' as they say! best wishes to all and thanks again Robert. :)
Robert Sidoti
Yes indeed Matthew  - as 'disconnected' and distanced as we all are at the moment - this platform and videos help us to all feel connected! Thanks so much for your comment and contribution here Mathew! 
Cristina T
1 person likes this.
Love so much your flow, you inspire me. Gracias, Namaste. (L)
Sandra Židan
There was a bit of wobbling in today's practice but I did it anyway! Thanks, Robert, for sharing it with us! Namaste! 🤗
Robert Sidoti
Wobbling is ok Sandra Židan  - you’re there doing the work, muscles are being challenged, brain stimulated - so many positive things going on there for you in that practice - I’m glad you’re still here and sharing your comments along the way! 
21-28 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial