Start Yoga: Practice 1: Lets Begin<br>Alana Mitnick

Start Yoga: Practice 1: Lets Begin
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Angela J
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana here I am second or third time around, being a nurse on various shifts and always being tired is not conducive to practice so I have decided to get up early and do it then.
Angela J
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana I am finding that my wrists get really sore and I cannot do downward dog unless I do dolphin can you recommend any thing for my wrists it’s really frustrating. Thanks
Alana Mitnick
Hi Angela J! Welcome back to Yoga! So glad to hear that you are making space for yourself in the mornings to practice. I find that if I don't get my yoga in early, the day slips away and so does my practice.  A daily and consistent rhythm can really make a difference! Stay close. Love, Alana 
Alana Mitnick
Angela J,  Great question.  As I'm sure you know, the key is to not force the pose (downward dog) and to modify. Dolphin Dog is a great variation and very strengthening for  the shoulders and upper body. Another favorite way to modify downward dog is with a chair. I also love downward dog at the wall.  Patricia Sullivan has a wonderful practice for hand and wrist joints. I hope this is helpful. Warmly, Alana 
Mohsin J
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana Mitnick, hope you are well.
I am a complete beginner.I am thinking of starting with this course. I have a few questions:
1. The course says that it is a six weeks program, so should I repeat one practice for entire week(so 3 to 4 times) or should I do different practices for a week and then repeat them?
2. Can you recommend me one more course to complement my practice from the beginner courses? (to give you some idea about me, I am not very active physically and overweight 😀)
Best wishes,
Mohsin
Alana Mitnick
Hi Mohsin J! Thank you for your message. These are great questions. This course was designed to do one practice each week and repeat it several times. So for example, you might do the "Practice 1: Let's Begin" 3 times the first week to start to develop familiarity with each practice in relation to your own body and how it responds. That said, the course can always be taken progressively one practice at a time, without repeating. It's entirely up to you!  I recommend the following beginner shows: 
Too Tight to Stretch: https://www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/87/Yoga-Show-Too-Tight-to-Stretch
Gentle Yoga: https://www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/163/Yoga-Show-Gentle-Yoga
Let me know if you have any questions! Warmly, Alana 
Mohsin J
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana Mitnick,
Thank you for the guidance.
Warm wishes,
Mohsin
Alana Mitnick
You're welcome, Mohsin J. Thank you for being here! Please keep me posted on any questions or insights that arise in your practice. Warmest wishes, Alana 
S.B.
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana, may I ask what is the best video to begin with as a total beginner?
Alana Mitnick
Hi Susi B, Thank you so much for joining me in Yoga! So glad you are here with us! For this Start Yoga Course, I suggest starting with the a first video and then gradually progressing through the Course. How is it going for you? What are you noticing? You might also enjoy the following Shows for beginners on Yoga Anytime: Welcome to Yoga,Too Tight To Stretch, and Gentle Yoga. I hope this is helpful. Please keep me posted! Love, Alana 
31-40 of 41

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial