Winter Ayurveda Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Chair Yin Yoga<br>Melina Meza

Winter Ayurveda Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Chair Yin Yoga
Melina Meza

Watch this Practice
Melina Meza
1 person likes this.
Thanks for sharing Kate, its amazing what can happen in an hour! Louisa, these poses came to me just a day or so before shooting this video. I'm glad you like these and I hope they continue to be part of your practice. See you soon.
Brenda S
1 person likes this.
 At first, I had resistance to doing the yoga practice with the chair. I didn’t think it would be what I wanted. WOW was I in for an enlightened change...I found each pose JUST what I needed. I had never done anything like this. I actually wanted to hold the poses longer because as they deepened, I felt more releases. The light image and meditation this week was something I was able to use during the yin practice. Soooooo awesome! Melina, your voice is so calm and assuring. You ROCK!!!
Melina Meza
1 person likes this.
Brenda, your message brings a huge smile to my face. I'm delighted to hear the chair added more support and you could drop into the practice in unexpected ways. I hope your next visits to this class continue to bring you joy and ease. Thanks for saying hello!!!
Jeanette C
1 person likes this.
I'd  love to see more of your yin and yin/chair combo classes. 
David G-
1 person likes this.
I was curious about longer poses, and the chair prop looked promising. One day later and my back muscles still feel strengthened. Hips are more open too. I was present with sharp lower back pain, but  there were was so much stimulus here for the body and mind. Your guidance kept my conscious mind happily engaged with the counting, philosophies, and visualizations. Eyes open? Yes!!!! My basement is interesting, and I also peeked behind the Oz curtain... I improvised too, adding a bolster on top of the chair and changing the counting tempo and felt sense towards it. My house was loud, but that’s life… After the practice I received an email about your autumnal series. Algorithmic serendipity and a new direction for my practice. 🙏🏻 
Melina Meza
1 person likes this.
Thank you for the wonderful share David! What a treat to learn more about your experience in class and what prop adjustments served your body. I'm guessing others reading this might also benefit from trying the bolster on the chair or adjusting the breath pattern as needed. I hope you enjoy the challenges or my regular classes here....hopefully they'll keep offering you new direction and spark your desire to practice often.
Lina S
Thank you for this calming practice. I knew some of the postures that I learned with the bolster. It's nice to practice them with a chair. Do meridian lines and chakras correspond? Why do  meridian lines of the bladder and the kidney important in winter? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Dana Leipold
1 person likes this.
Hello Melina! I hadn't done this one yet nor have I done the fully challenge. I was looking for a Yin practice since I've had a bit of inflammation and too much Tapas in my system. This was practice perfect to bring in some cooling and calm. THANK YOU! 
11-18 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial