We`re in This Together: Universal Sangha<br>Sonia & Kira

We`re in This Together: Universal Sangha
Sonia & Kira

Watch this Conversation
David G-
1 person likes this.
Actually, I discovered a trick so now I can watch more of these "talks". Practice yoga poses. I stood in Tree and watched. Yeah, it was pretty fun. I wasn't thinking about my progress in the asanas at all. 

I live in New York, with a strong connection to Brooklyn. There is a totally different vibe in this metropolitan area. So much energy of all kinds. Living in the shadow of New York City this filters everywhere.

As an English teacher, I rarely use the word love towards my students, but try to convey that feeling through my words. But in watching my YA teachers, I see that conveying love comes from inside, the sacred heart, the gut, our or higher states of being. Yada Yada Yada In short, thanks to all my teachers for giving me new ways to express my love for teaching high school students. Such a gift! 

David G-
1 person likes this.
Sometimes these boxes feel like Twitter.  

And yes, I would so love a Zoom session on Internation Yoga Day with all of us. Or we can create a vibrant online community through the forum, in YA retreats in analog and webbed-life, popping into Zooms or Skye or Google Meetup or Marco Polo...

Imagine if more people who love yoga watched this practice six years ago? 

Time to make some soul food down in my magical kitchen. 

With so much love, 
David 
Sònia Isart
Hi David G- thanks for your comments, fascinating topics, indeed, language, translation, uiversal sangha...so happy as well knowing you found a way not to be thinking about progress in you asanas, i don't really think this is the aim, quite the oposite actually. In my case it is when I stay utterly present but in a relaxed manner (with no desire of control) during the practice, that insights come to me, or also when i am trying to translate my experience  from sensations into words. Let's keep on doing this together.
David G-
1 person likes this.
So glad you responded so quickly. I feel the same. Would be memorable to practice with you and all who felt/feel inspired by this thread.  As my teacher Denise Antolini said on YA, and has resonated with me every sinceI lived it: the universe doesn't make mistakes. Thank you for setting a Sankulpa for an International Sangha. Namaste 
David G-
1 person likes this.
I have been thinking a lot about this conversation, about the translation issues of one culture to the next. I read this book: Trauma-Informed Yoga for Survivors of Sexual Assault: Practices for Healing and Teaching with Compassion as part as my YTT. The author consciously replaces the phrase "I love you" with "I am happy that you exist". She hopes that is less triggering for assault practitioners. I have tried to feel that phrase in my literature and creative writing classes. "No child behind." The book is a poignant read, as is the other book for YTT: A Queer Dharma: Yoga and Meditations for Liberation. 
Kira Sloane
David G- love your thoughts here. I am happy you exist.
David G-
Kira Sloane I am happy you exist too. 🌎💕
11-17 of 17

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial