Anatomy for Yogis: What is Hypermobility?<br>Renee Sills

Anatomy for Yogis: What is Hypermobility?
Renee Sills

Watch this Talk
Kristen H

I was also 3/4 of my way through a yoga teacher training (YTT) program, and had to quit. My body was falling apart from doing yoga every day plus beginning to teach yoga, combined with the hypermobile EDS tendency to be competitive and overdo just about everything! And none of what I have learned up to this point has taken hypermobility into consideration. My YTT instructors certainly were not sensitive to hypermobility, and I felt strained almost all the time. I'm learning that when I overdo it in my joints (or physically in general), I feel it everywhere. I get fatigued (what happens when you crash from all that adrenaline), my immune system takes a hit, joint pain and instability increases, and I start getting injured. I'm now nursing wrist injuries sustained in YTT classes.

All that to say, wow I'm so thankful you are addressing this Renee Sills ! I can't wait to watch more of your videos.
Ashley
Renee Sills thank you so much for this talk. Such a fascinating connection between being hypermobile + the excess of adrenaline, as well as a tendency for soft boundaries in a non-physical way too. You've opened up a curiosity in my mind, thank you! :)
Katyayani B
Thanks for this great video! I took an online course with Jules Mitchell a few years ago on hypermobility as it was the only solid resource I could find at the time. Taking that class changed the way I both practice and teach. I think that it’s extremely important for us to protect our students and ourselves by being smarter about the way we move. I look forward to your other videos!
11-13 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial