Move to Meditate: Center and Ground<br>Julian Marc Walker

Move to Meditate: Center and Ground
Julian Marc Walker

Watch this Practice
Leslie W
1 person likes this.
I loved this practice- just what I needed today. I wanted to play the playlist with it but didn’t see the link. I am new here so may be missing something.
Ashley
Hi Leslie, welcome! And great question. When you're watching the practice, the Playlist button is underneath the video to the right, under the Like and Queue buttons. If you don't see it, try refreshing the page or logging out and back in. Hope this helps :)

Julian
@leslie did @ashley-marie 's comment help?
Leslie W
Julian, I am not seeing the playlist button. I am watching on an iPad and the like and queue buttons are at the very bottom of my screen; hence, the playlist button isn’t showing. I logged out and tried again,
Ashley
2 people like this.
Hi Leslie, thanks for the update. I've alerted the team here and will keep an eye on it.
Lorraine Marek
I appreciate your guiding me thru the breathing part
Lina S
1 person likes this.
I'm starting meditation. I find it easier when it's done in motion. I've enjoyed the concentration exercise: simple and effective. I'm looking forward to experience your other classes. I didn't fully understand though why turning the head from side to side helps connect to one's center.
Julian
1 person likes this.
Lina S glad you enjoyed! so the side-to-side head movement for some people will activate an instinctive "orienting response" which can provide a sense of feeling safe in your immediate environment by having scanned it in a way that satisfies a basic primal injunction. when we feel "oriented" there is a sense of being in touch with our bodily location in time and space, and a relaxing into the moment. it's much more of a subconscious shift than a conceptual or intentional process. works really well for some people, only mildly for others, and I should say for a small percentage of people it might activate a tendency toward hyper-vigilance —in which case leave tat technique out!
Filia F
1 person likes this.
Thanks Julian  I really appreciate this practice.  It is my second day.
Susan R
1 person likes this.
Really enjoyed this class .  Thank you 🙏
21-30 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial