Aligned and Awake: Supported Foundation<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Supported Foundation
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Robbie S
Hi Nathan, love your practises, this is the second one we have started of yours. Just wondering in the triangle pose, is it best to keep your legs straight and only bend your body as its able, or bend the legs slightly to give greater freedom for the bend/twist? Thanks, Rob
Nathan Briner
Hi Robbie!

Triangle pose can be tricky if the hamstrings and/or hips limit range of motion. If you’re finding that it simply isn’t possible to fold well at the hip, allowing a little bend in the front leg is perfectly fine. This will release the tension of the hamstring. Keep the back leg straight. 
You could even create a practice of pumping from side angle pose toward triangle pose. Side angle is much easier to fold the hip. Place your hand on a block by the front foot and take side angle, then from that pose push the knee toward straight (triangle). Go back and forth 10x from side angle to triangle, straightening and bending the knee. Let me know if that makes sense. 
Rosanna S
1 person likes this.
I've been enjoying your 30 day challenge and wanted a slightly longer class today. I'm learning so much about how these poses can feel after years of questions that other teachers weren't able to answer. Thank you for offering this collection of ideas to work with!
Nathan Briner
My pleasure Rosanna S :)

Stay tuned for the next series we’ll be doing in 2021. It’s going to be packed with tons of new info and ideas to deepen the practice. 
Sara S
1 person likes this.
Wow, now that was a good one. No go with head stand but the rest, wonderful
Nathan Briner
Sara S, anything I can help with?
Tracy C
1 person likes this.
That was a crazy fun practise Nathan!There's no lies when using the wall! It really keeps a person honest! Big Cheers!!!!
Nathan Briner
Tracy C! You said it :) 
No where to hide with the wall. So many cool things to feel and work with. 
Glad you liked it!
Margot H
1 person likes this.
Nathan, I have been doing yoga for many years, however it’s so nice to have these classes to remind me of the importance of the foundation of the yoga poses. Than you Margot
Nathan Briner
Margot H, I’m with you :)
Circling back to the foundation always has hidden gems 💎 for us to discover. 
Sometimes I call the way I teach, “advanced basics” :)

21-30 of 36

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial