Aligned and Awake: Perfection of Lines<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Perfection of Lines
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
4 people like this.
This practice was eye-opening for me. Particularly in triangle, I didn’t realize how accustomed I’ve become to thrusting my front hip out to the side as I entered the pose! What a difference it made using your alignment guidelines. I’m looking forward to applying these tools in my future practices 👍 Also: nifty little quad stretch towards the ending will be a regular addition to my practice as well ✔️❤️🙏🏻
Nathan Briner
Jenny S, thank you for sharing your experience in this lesson! For me, when I first learned about this principle, my practice exploded in amazing ways. I had to go all the way back to the beginning and explore the simplest poses. It was  amazing to feel how the poses changed, unlocked, and grew from this new perspective. I love that these ideas are connecting for you as well. I look forward to hearing what else you’re discovering! 
Catherine A
Hi Nathan, this practice was a revelation for me as well (ref: Jenny ). I have been practicing for a long time, but am often aware that my hip particularly has a 'life of it's own' in poses such as Crescent and Triangle. This session really explains what is going on and I am very hopeful it will improve my alignment overall. A new way of looking at things, Nathan. Many thanks C Xxx
Nathan Briner
Catherine A, I look forward to hearing what you discover as you work with your alignment in the poses you mention 🙂
Shawn
2 people like this.
Thanks, Nathan Briner --- so helpful to have this type of instruction, to bring more awareness into parallel lines in the body. Definitely received some new insights. Will be incorporating some of your guidance into my own teaching. Blessings!
Nathan Briner
Love to hear it Shawn. If you have a minute, was there anything in particular that really caught your attention in your poses from this lesson? 
Shawn
2 people like this.
Nathan - Hey!
I like the parentheses analogy. Liked the stretch when you're prepping for bridge but bring the right foot under the left leg and use the left foot to gently put weight on right knee. Enjoyed the side plank work, and the cues for triangle. So many useful points. Arms out in front when going into figure 4 chair and reg chair was also cool. Those are some of the things that stood out to me. Thx again for your gentle instruction and friendly demeanor.
Charlotte
2 people like this.
Yippie! With the help of the parallell lines I can start to feel when my torso is straight and relaxed and the pain subsides. Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Charlotte, this makes me so happy to hear!! 
Tonia T
1 person likes this.
This was an awesome lesson/practice! Thank you so much.❤️
1-10 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial