Mindfulness in Motion 10-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 2: Root and Support<br>Quamay Sams

Mindfulness in Motion 10-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 2: Root and Support
Quamay Sams

Watch this Practice
Lina S
7 people like this.
Thank you for this class and for the precise cueing. The "dragging" motion to engage the hamstrings proves to be useful as I tend to overextend the knees. I'll always use this in my next practices as well as the cue to bring the heel closer to the butt in the 3-legged down dog. It opens the front hip and engage the hamstrings. Can I ask you a question? What is the purpose of lifting the toes in the down dog? Is it to better feel we press down through the heels? Thank you in advance for your answer. Namaste.
Kelly B
5 people like this.
I’m loving this challenge so far! Just what I’m needing after a chaotic December that’s left me all kinds of out-of-whack. Your teaching is a delight and I’m so looking forward to the days ahead. Thank you 🙏🏻
Kate M
5 people like this.
Great challenge to head into 2023 with! Thank you, Quamay. 
Quamay S
3 people like this.
Lina S Hey Lina! First, I really appreciate your curiosity and deep inquiry to the practice. I nerd out on this stuff so it makes me happy when I feel others are thinking deeply as well.

As far as lifting toes during DownDog, the goal is to further support hamstring extension. For REALLY mobile practitioners, heels on the ground in DD can be relatively easy and they may not feel much  compared to someone with less flexibility. So to encourage more length and extension, heels pressed with the toes lifted allows the hamstrings to extend more in DD which may be more applicable to those with a deeper range of motion and looking to go deeper. I hope this answers your question! Namaste!  
Quamay S
3 people like this.
Kelly B I'm so happy to hear Kelly! I can imagine how chaotic December may have been for you especially during the holidays. Often times I believe the consistency of a Yoga practice allows me to ground when things aren't as consistent. I'm hoping that these classes continue to support and I am grateful this has made its way to you! One day at a time (Or lately I've been saying "One breath at a time") You got this! 
Quamay S
3 people like this.
Kate M You are SO SO SO SO welcome Kate!
Fabian H
1 person likes this.
Love this practice :)
Catherine R
Great practice, but what was the strap for? 
Kim I
I have really enjoyed the first two days, learning so much with your explanations and find the classes so relaxing. Thank you
Sandra Židan
Thanks, Quamay, for making me aware of my body and my feelings with your practices! Namaste! 🥰
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial