Yin Yoga: Sciatica Relief<br>Kate Smith

Yin Yoga: Sciatica Relief
Kate Smith

Watch this Practice
Lori
1 person likes this.
This is great. Thank you so much. Adding to favorites. :)
Kate Smith
3 people like this.
Lori !! I'm so glad to hear this practice worked out for you. I actually did quite a bit of research for this practice. Spoke to all my healer and body movement aficionado friends...Rolfers, Pilates Instructors, Massage Therapists, Cranial Sacral Peeps, Yogi Friends...I wanted to make sure this practice was valid. Makes me happy here in South Carolina to know it worked for you.
Abounding LOVE coming your way, my Yogi Friend
Kate
Kelsey P
1 person likes this.
thank you so much! my pain gets so bad its hard to move. I'm greatfull to of found this
Lori
2 people like this.
Thank you, Kate Smith The practice did feel very curated, the sequencing quite specific (and right on!), so all your effort in designing it shows very clearly. I plan to repeat this practice frequently, and imagine the benefits will increase as I get to know it better and get into it more deeply. I don't have big sciatic problems, but am trying to nip what has been characterized as a "piriformis adhesion" issue in the bud. Big hugs and thanks back at ya from California!
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Kelsey I am so sorry to hear you are in this much pain...I will say, Yin has seriously helped me with daily aches and chronic pains. My husband as well. And I have many many students who report the same...I feel that sinking into that fascial layer and surrendering helps the chronic tension in the tissues to yield. I send support and encouragement and LOVE to you, Sister. Thanks for taking the class and sending in your thoughts.
Kate
Kate Smith
2 people like this.
Please keep me (us) posted Lori on your progress....I would certainly expect this practice to help with piriformis issues. Especially an adhesion issue since Yin is so good for relaxing the muscle and stimulating (hydrating, revitalizing, nourishing) the fascia surrounding the muscle. And yes, I definitely think the benefits will increase with consistency. I am NOT just saying that as a sales pitch.
Kate Smith
3 people like this.
I remember the first time I did Yin. It freaking hurt! I had been doing yoga for about 15 years at that point and when I sat in those Yin poses for the first time, I realized there was a depth to my yoga practice that was completely missing. I honestly felt like I had been "cheating" for years in my asana practice and just skimming the surface.
Be brave, not stupid - I always tell my students. Dive to the depths and shine light on those dark and stuck places in the body. It's kinda like going into a deep dark scary forest...Yin is an incredibly courageous practice in my opinion...As we go deeper into these tissues we are ultimately Soul-Diving.
Lori
1 person likes this.
Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement, Kate Smith I practiced this again yesterday, and it was even better than the first time. The postures get into my hip in a way that feels, to use your word, "productive." Uncomfortable in spots (mostly the lizard variation) but not painful. I can't wait for your neck series that's coming up! Be well. ;) I hope we get to meet in person one day. Until then.... see you here.
Tammy B
1 person likes this.
I deal with sciatic pain daily, this is a wonderful practice! Thank you!
Kate Smith
Tammy I am so glad to hear this class was helpful. ;)))) Always love knowing it works for those who live with the discomfort of sciatic pain. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and let us know how the class felt for you. Cheers and LOVE
Kate
1-10 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial