Inner Workings: Intimately Connected<br>Emma Warmington

Inner Workings: Intimately Connected
Emma Warmington

Watch this Practice
Jenny S
1 person likes this.
That was lovely Emma. My first time chanting all the way through an asana practice. May all beings enjoy prosperity 🙏🏻
Emma Warmington
Thanks, Jenny :)
I love the effects of mantra during practice, I find the vibration soothing and my exhale longer. So glad you are enjoying!
Merryl S
Thank you this was very calming and nurturing :) Just a quick clarification, at the end with hands on chest and belly, do you mean for the breath to still fill up the belly then extend the chest on the inhale...in other words, we are feeling the inhalation in both hands..belly first then chest. Thank you :)
Emma Warmington
Hey Merryl , You are most welcome! Thank you for the question.
In the breathing practice at the end with Jalandhara Bandha (chin dropped to chest, chest lifting up) I'm focusing my breath into my upper chest first. My belly does move but not so much as if I was focusing on belly breathing or full 3 part breath (if that makes sense) and I draw my belly in on the exhale.
It's more that the inhale lifts my chest up, aligning my spine, and my belly drawing in towards my spine on the out breath gives me a very full exhale (ready to take in a lovely full inhale), strengthens my abdominals to support me and creates Uddiyana Bandha quite passively if I pause at the bottom. See how you go with it and please keep sending questions as they come up.
Merryl S
1 person likes this.
That describes it perfectly thank you Emma😊
Sasha K
1 person likes this.
Emma this practice was delicious, can you tell us more about this specific mantra please?
Shannon Crow
1 person likes this.
What a beautiful way to wake up and begin to move. Thank you so much Emma Warmington. I love mantra and this was so great to extend my exhale, but also to keep my mind in the present moment.
Helen K
1 person likes this.
Another lovely practice Emma Warmington.
Michelle F
2 people like this.
hi Emma, thanks so much, I really enjoyed exhaling with the mantra - so unexpectedly soothing. I too would appreciate more info about the mantra. i did google it but id prefer your take and wouldnt it be useful to write the mantra ? or do you think its best to repeat an approximation of what you hear till you "get it"?
have a beautiful day !
loveandpeacexxxx
michelle
Emma Warmington
Michelle , Sasha, Helen I'm so glad you enjoyed the practice and thank you for commenting! I apparently fell into a hole and completely forgot to respond.

The Mantra Om Shreem Sri Yai Namaha I understand to be a chant to Lakshmi. Shreem is her seed sound, in other words the sound absolutely IS Lakshmi. Krishnamacharya was a follower of Vishnu (a Vaishnava) and Lakshmi is Vishu's consort which was why he KMC used the mantra.

It is not a call for gathering wealth or calling in abundance which are somewhat frowned upon practices in India, rather it is a call of praise, a bow ,and acknowledgement for everything we already have.

1-10 of 11

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial