Start Yoga: Lesson 2: Pelvis, Feet, Wrists<br>Alana Mitnick

Start Yoga: Lesson 2: Pelvis, Feet, Wrists
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Tutorial
Tracy S
1 person likes this.
I liked how Alana explained the pelvic bowl and how to find the specific landmarks to understand how it helps with our yoga poses. The language of yoga teachers to guide us into our poses and where are we in space. The compass is our pelvis. Awesome tutorial!
Szilvia K
1 person likes this.
Thank you Alana, great explanation. You have such kind and warm personality, can't wait to explore more
Jo L
2 people like this.
This lesson has brought so much reassurance for me. I have been doing Alana's Too Tight To Stretch series 1 alongside this Start Yoga course and have found bearing weight on my wrists almost impossible. I found doing plank on my elbows/forearms and downward dog using blocks to raise my hands up a bit so useful but was also worried that I was doing it all wrong. Watching this has helped me to understand that I'm in control and to follow the dictates of my body above all else. Thank you Alana
Karen
1 person likes this.
I love your gentle kindness. I have a wrist injury so limited flexibility but love the options you gave
Alana Mitnick
Thank you Karen. I'm so glad you found these suggestions and variations useful. The key is to customize each posture or shape so that if feels right to you (no pain, nerviness, compression, etc.). Please share any questions, comments, or insights that may arise as you move through this Course. Warmly, Alana 
Linda R
1 person likes this.
Oh ! fantastic I struggled with my wrists so lovely too see some variation ideas. Thankyou
Alana Mitnick
Hi Linda R, Oh I'm so glad that you found these variations for the wrists are helpful. Stay close and let me know how these practices are working for you. Warmly, Alana 
Alana Mitnick
Hi S.B. Thank you so much for your patience (life got very busy with little sleep as a new mom).  I really appreciate your great questions. It sounds like you are referring to Warrior 2, is that right? In Warrior 2, the "action" initiates at the hip joint where the femur bone (aka thigh bone) and hip joint meet--and the foot follows the action. So for example, if you are in Warrior 2 on the "RIGHT side"; your LEFT hip/leg/foot would be INTERNALLY rotated (with the leg straight) and your RIGHT hip/leg/foot would be EXTERNALLY rotated (with the knee bent to about 90 degrees or less). As for the pelvis, I find that it naturally wants to turn slightly towards the direction of the bent knee...at a diagonal towards the corner of the mat. Does this make sense? I hope it's helpful. What do you notice and feel in the pose? I look forward to hearing from you! Love, Alana 
Alana Mitnick
Tracy S, I'm so delighted that you found this tutorial helpful and awesome. I hope this finds you well and enjoying your yoga practice and life! Love, Alana 
Alana Mitnick
Szilvia K, Thank you so much for your kind comment. I hope you have found the rest of this course, and the wonderful offerings on Yoga Anytime, helpful on your yoga journey. I would love to hear how it's evolving for you. Love, Alana 
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial