What Does a Yogi Eat? (Blog)

What Does a Yogi Eat? (Blog)

Read This Article
Tracy C
2 people like this.
5000 monks....5000 religions.    Happy Easter! Enjoy  your dinner what ever it may be. It's all about the gratefulness. Sometimes I think we can  be so entitled. We forget how many people go to bed with no food every day .And how many die from lack of it!!.....Food has become entertainment for those of us who enjoy a middle class life!  It's easy to forget that sometimes....Great article!!!!
Elizabeth M
Well said, Tracy C! Thank you for being with us 🙏 
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Tracy C I am so grateful to hear from you! Thanks for the feedback - pun intended. Sending abounding LOVE your way!
Malgorzata N
So beautifully said and such a beautiful message. Thank you for this!
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Malgorzata N Hey there! I am so grateful for this comment :) Glad you liked the article. Abounding LOVE to you ... 
Vicky M
I'm confused how we can embody ahimsa while eating meat?
Kate Smith
Vicky M I feel you …. It’s honestly so hard. I grew up in South Carolina where BBQ is a way of life. Our little family is vegetarian but I wasn’t always this way … I had no idea — based on the way I was raised —  that eating meat could be a harmful choice. I came to it on my own … graciously. I had another dear soul who asked me this same question at a beekeeping training over 10 years ago and I’ve been pondering her wonderment ever since. I’m not sure what to say — but I will say that I dwell amidst the questioning with you. We are together in that. 
Vicky M
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. My partner is vegan because of this but I still eat fish & eggs and some dairy. We live in the countryside and cycling through fields of sheep has given me a deep compassion for the nurturing I see in sheep and lambs but was also raised eating meat ... we continue our journey x
Kate Smith
1 person likes this.
Sounds like a lovely life, Vicky M … 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial