30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Build Some Heat<br>Robert Sidoti

30 Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Build Some Heat
Robert Sidoti

Watch this Practice
Sonia F
Thank you for the challenge, Robert! I am a beginner in yoga and I feel like this is such a smooth start :) in this exercise, after moving from plank pose to cobra, I had a little discomfort in my upper back (nothing too major). any specific reason? Thank you again!! 
Kira Sloane
Hi there Sonia, I'm sure Robert Sidoti will chime in here in a moment. Meanwhile, discomfort can be caused by many things. Only you can judge if it's a "good" or "bad" discomfort. "Bad pain" is hot, sharp, specific and trying to send us a message to back off or stop. "Good pain" is usually dull, achey, even a little tired. Often for us, new and different can be expected to feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, the sensation can be altered through simple alignment shifts. Happy to continue this discussion if useful. So glad you are here. Most likely you are much further along on the Challenge by now. Xok
Sonia F
2 people like this.
Hello Kira Sloane! thank you so much for your response and elaboration. I can safely say that it was a "good pain" after reading the explanation. I am indeed further, on day 15, and it is one thing that I look forward to in the morning. Thank you so much for your work! I'll be completing one challenge after the other :) :) 
Rachel E
1 person likes this.
Robert Sidoti I’m dying to know, is the background in the window a looping video or is real life?
Robert Sidoti
Hi Rachel !! The background is actually totally real!! It’s an incredible place to shoot these classes! So glad you’re here enjoying this challenge! Always here if needed! Robert
Robert Sidoti
Sonia !! Suuuuuuuuuper sorry for delayed response! Sounds like Kira Sloane answered your question/addressed your concern:)
I’ll add that I’m very grateful you’re here with us!! AND - typically that transition from plank to cobra can out a fair amount of strain on the hoper back (as you mentioned) but also on the shoulders and area around there - this is (generally speaking) due to not having developed the strength or learned how to access the strength to engage the necessary muscles - so it ends up feeling like a lot of strain and pain sometimes. Kira was right in the money regarding the different types of pain or discomfort, so glad she addressed that and you seemed to get it :) 
Where are you now in challenge? Hope you are healthy and strong during this unstable time🙏🏽
Robert Sidoti
Sonia  - also, apologies for the several typo’s in my message - I was click clacking away and didn’t reread or edit message before sending :)) 

Rachel E
1 person likes this.
Robert Sidoti that IS an incredible setting!
Robert Sidoti
Hi Rachel ! Still doing the challenge?? How’s it going/feeling? 🙏🏽🧘‍♀️
Rachel E
Robert Sidoti Yes! You’re a wonderful teacher, really like the pace and flow. Thanks for offering these classes.
31-40 of 54

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial