Good Morning Yoga: Mindful Flow<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Mindful Flow
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Carla L
2 people like this.
I've been on Pilates Anytime for a while now and recently decided to do yoga because Sayer Ji said that yoga increases the stem cells in our blood because of the type of movements in yoga. Alana, yours is the first class I took here on Yoga Anytime and I'm so glad I started with you. You are an excellent teacher and your compassionate nature also shines thru. Namaste!
Carla L
2 people like this.
I'm new to yoga and I would like to learn more about what bandas mean. Is there a foundational video here on Yoga Anytime that you can recommend? Thanks!
Alana Mitnick
Hi Carla L, Such a great question! Kristen Leal does a beautiful job at describing the anatomy and functions of the pelvic floor &amp; bandhas. There are also experiential Tutorials to help feel and experience Uddiyana Bandha with Margi Young, and Bandhas, Breath, and Dristhi with Maria Villella. I hope this is helpful. Please keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your practice! Warmly, Alana  
Alana Mitnick
Carla L, Thank you for joining me in Yoga! It's wonderful to hear from you and feel your presence. Like Pilates Anytime, there are so many knowledgable and experienced teachers on the site. Let me know if you would like help finding what you are looking for. I love hearing that yoga increases the stem cells in our blood. It feels so true! Stay close. Namaste, Alana 
Glenford N
1 person likes this.
Dear Alana, I loved your words about the practise of listening. Reminds me of the poet Mary Oliver and her line "To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work" Have a beautiful day. Namaste.
Alana Mitnick
Beautiful, Glenford N. Thank you for presence and sharing. Mary Oliver is a treasure. Wishing you a wonderful day, as well. Namaste, xoA
David G-
1 person likes this.
Wonderful post cycling practice. Both you and Kira mention softening in the back of the heart. How do you that? Thanks!
Alana Mitnick
Hi David Goldstein! This is such a great question, thank you for asking. What I'm referring to is more of an energetic quality... you might try to access this by softening the physical muscular layers of tension in the upper back, between your shoulder blades. I also find that relaxing the back of the eyes, jaw, and throat can help with this. As always, experiment and find what feels real and true for you, again and again. Grateful for your presence and curiousity. Warmly, Alana 
David G-
1 person likes this.
Thanks, Alana! Yes, I am making up for lost time. So curious! Great advice and easy to practice.  Have a great week! Best, David 
Alana Mitnick
So good to hear, David Goldstein. Have a great week, too! 
71-80 of 86

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial