Good Morning Yoga: Mindful Flow<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Mindful Flow
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Chris C
2 people like this.
Thank you for being with me during my practice today - after a very emotional day yesterday after putting down my beloved dog, Jake XO
Alana Mitnick
Oh Chris C, My heart is hurting for your loss. Sending love and hugs your way. I am so glad you took the time for yourself to breathe, flow, and feel. One day at a time... XoA 
Sandra Židan
Beautiful practice! Thanks, Alana! Regards!
Alana Mitnick
Thank you, Sandra Ž! Your dedicated practice is inspiring! Wishing you a beautiful day. Love, Alana 
Glenford N
1 person likes this.
Hi Alana, No Sebastian today! He's sleeping in. Could you explain the importance of Bandhas?  It was mentioned several times in today's practice. Namaste.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Glenford N, Great question. Bandha is usually translated as a lock (as in irrigation), bind, hold, catch, fasten, or tether. In yoga practice it suggests an inner harness or engagement to awaken the flow of prana. The three main bandhas I'm referring to are mula bandha (root lock, a lifting of the pelvic floor/perineum  muscles), uddiyana bandha (a flying upward movement of the abdomen), and jalandhara bandha (a drawing of the chin towards the chest). I have found that a subtle engagement or awareness of the bandhas can generate energy, strength and support/protect the low back during back bending. Keep me posted on what you discover and prefer in your own practice. Warmly, Alana  
Glenford N
1 person likes this.
Thanks Alana. I will keep you posted  A great explanation. Namaste. 
Alana Mitnick
You're welcome, Glenford N. I appreciate your presence and questions! Namaste, Alana 
Lina S
1 person likes this.
Thank you for this practice. The duration was perfect. I've found the Warrior 3 pose to be easier the way you introduced it.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Lina S! So lovely to hear from you. I am so glad that you enjoyed this practice and found the Pyramid to Warrior 3 transition helpful. Thank YOU for being here! Warmly Alana 
61-70 of 86

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial