Yoga Power Hour: Strong Foundation and Core<br>Rosemary Garrison

Yoga Power Hour: Strong Foundation and Core
Rosemary Garrison

Watch this Practice
Rosemary Garrison
Thanks, Nicole! You made my day. Enjoy.
Olga B
1 person likes this.
Hello Rosemary Garrison , That's a great practice - i enjoyed it a lot as well as other classes with you. I have so many questions but i want to raise one at the moment - I can't really raise my legs (right or left) to the opposite side while standing on the other leg. I only can do it if i bend my standing leg. is there any variation for this pose that i can work to move toward the regular variation. i feel that the reason is the weak legs but also because the hip joint not that flexible. Thank you in advance
Rosemary Garrison
Thank you for the question, Olga . I'm not sure if I understand the pose you're describing. Do you mean in 3 legged down dog? Or simply standing in tadasana? Either way, it seems as though you are spot on about tightness in the hips. Continue to work with any poses you feel are helpful (pigeon, baddhakonasana, etc) and see if your experience changes over time. Also, I think it would be absolutely okay to bend the standing leg a little- as long as it's still strong and engaged. Enjoy!
Olga B
1 person likes this.
Hello Rosemary Garrison and thank you for the response. This pose is a head to toe pose when we rise one leg out. So for me it's almost impossible to do this. And I wonder if there is any simpler variation that will lead me to the full pose sometime in the future? again thanks for all your great classes!
Rosemary Garrison
Olga , if I am understanding correctly... you're referring to being in Down Dog, lifting one leg to the sky and then drawing that knee into the nose. Yes? If so- I would say simply draw the leg in as far as you can. And yes, it's okay to bend the other leg a little!
Katya A
2 people like this.
This is the most balanced, most fluid Vinyasa class I have ever taken. I LOVED it!!!! Thank you Rosemary!
Rosemary Garrison
Wow, Katya, thank you!!! This makes me so happy. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I loved this steady, strong practice. I can feel that my core is getting stronger and I am more stable in low lunge. Thank you Rosemary!
Rosemary Garrison
That's wonderful to hear, @Ali! I love it when we can feel our bodies building, strengthening, progressing in specific practices. Enjoy!
Lori
1 person likes this.
A wonderful practice to chase away pesky extra useless thoughts this morning. Thank you. Miss you.
11-20 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial