Welcome to Yoga: Moving with Our Breath<br>Kira Sloane

Welcome to Yoga: Moving with Our Breath
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Maria E
1 person likes this.
Wonderful teacher, My first time Kira Ryder made simple I'm over weight an I was able to do it. Thank you can way until tomorrow.
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Dearest Maria, so happy you are here. xo kira
Heather G
Brand new to Yoga. Chiropractor actually "prescribed" yoga to me due to very tight muscles, shoulder and back pain. This sequence was surprisingly uncomfortable for me. I have obviously let my body become entirely too tight. Any tips on how to prevent the muscle above the knee from hurting when stretching the hip? Could barely put my knee to the ground without it straining. I am a 30 yr. old with the body of a 70 yr old I am sure.
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Dearest Heather,

So glad you are here and thank you so much for such a great question. Easier ways to stretch the thigh without putting the knee on the ground are:

1. Lie on one side and draw your top leg's heal towards your buttock.

2. Sit side ways on a arm less chair and place one foot behind you to create the shape of the lunge. Draw sitbones under to find stretch.

3. Practice the lunge standing using a wall or a chair for support. Alana shows how to use a chair in this video:
//www.yogaanytime.com/class- view/112/video/Yoga-Lunge-Salute-wi th-Chair-by-Alana-Mitnick

4. Stand at wall for balance and draw foot of one leg towards your buttocks.

Goodness, we should make some of these into videos! if these don't make sense, let us know. Meanwhile, you get some more ideas of how to ease into the practice even more gently over here with Alana.
//www.yogaanytime.com/show-view/7/ Yoga-Show-Granny-Yoga

Stay close
xok
Scott Y
1 person likes this.
Just finished my first session with you. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait until tomorrow to do the next one! Namaste
Kira Sloane
Hi there Scott! So happy to be practicing together. Keep us posted! xok
Brandi P
I am so glad that I found you! I'm really enjoying this practice. Keep up the excellent work!
Kira Sloane
Dearest Brandi, thank you for showing up. Happy to be here together. xok
Janet R
1 person likes this.
Kira you are pure joy.
Kira Sloane
Janet, love, happy to be together. xok
11-20 of 96

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial