Aligned and Awake: Strong Standing Postures<br>Nathan Briner

Aligned and Awake: Strong Standing Postures
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Kate M
2 people like this.
Nice use of the wall again! I had a "lightbulb" moment when you had us experience the congruence between Ushtrasana and Bridge. I definitely want to explore this more! Very effective transition to the final relaxation... thank you for another headstand!! ; ) Viparita Karani against the wall with sacral support is so down-regulating to the nervous system... mmmmmm....
Nathan Briner
Kate! I love hearing these experiences. Thank you for sharing :)
Lisa M
1 person likes this.
So darn good! Thank you- you make everything so easy to understand. Perfect balance between ease and effort.
Nathan Briner
Thank you Lisa :)
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Great to center on that wall support again, so grounding and becoming aware of the flow of energy starting in the feet on up.
Nathan Briner
Christel im so glad you mentioned energy flow. This is why I love the wall work. I know the word “energy” can be a bit nebulous for some but essentially one’s ability to sense, to be aware of, the unbroken chain and connection from foot to crown is helped immensely with the wall support. And this is the beginning of Dharana from a physical standpoint. A single unbroken, integrated point of concentration, built through the stability of the body :)
Christel B
1 person likes this.
It felt so good to do this supported routine again. Doing the headstand with the blocks was amazing as It felt like my head was barely touching the floor as I held on to the block. I wonder how often would one do the standing postures with the wall instead of in the center of the room? It's so interesting doing these with the foot support against the and the other routine with more of the chest and arms supported by the wall.
Nathan Briner
Christel you asked how often should you use the wall compared to using no support. My advice would be to learn what it is that the wall gives each pose. How does it aid the pose in terms of alignment, muscle engagement, and integration within the body? What has the support revealed in terms of actions that was not available in the traditional pose? With these revelations in mind, try to rediscover them without support. This is where I have had some wind “Aha!” moments :)
Christel B
1 person likes this.
Yes, that makes sense.
Eric K
2 people like this.
Even after years of wall work, your subtle, clear instructions revealed new actions and feelings. Thank you.

1-10 of 20

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial