Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 2: Strength 2<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 2: Strength 2
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Rachel S
1 person likes this.
Oh my gosh, that was fabulous! I really appreciated your careful cueing. I realized it's been a long time since I found something new in Triangle. Thank you!
Nathan Briner
Rachel S Rachel S! That brings a huge smile to my face :) Can you share what caught your attention?
If you don’t follow me already, I post new ideas on Instagram often. @Nathan_briner
Hope to see you there!
Rachel S
1 person likes this.
That's awesome, Nathan Briner! I will check it out. I think the thing that stood out was entering Triangle from Extended Side Angle, and the cueing around the hips. So good!
Elizabeth H
1 person likes this.
thankyou so much . i have a question about alignment in the standing poses
Nathan Briner
Hi Elizabeth H! Sounds like you had a great practice. What can I help you with in standing poses? 
Michelle
1 person likes this.
Is there supposed to be a space between the lower lumbar and the mat while in Savasana? I normally do this pose with my knees bent and relaxed together, feet on mat... My lumbar has a dramatic curve to it- so when I relax on back, it takes awhile to settle fully and relax everything. I notice when I extend legs out straight and allow them to relax and fall apart from each other- my lower back space increases.
Nathan Briner
Michelle great question. Because the lumbar has a natural curve to it there will be some space under the lower back. But, there are variations to the depth of this curve between people and there are differences in body shapes so the space could be more or less visible. In your case with a more pronounced curve I recommend putting a bolster or two folded blankets under the calves to support the legs. The legs should be straight so you may have to push the bolster toward the feet if the knees are bent. 
Try that out and let me know how it works. I think you’ll find it comfortable :)
David G-
1 person likes this.
Thanks so much for your last comment. I will take you up on the offer I am sure. 

The modifications tonight were informative and fun. I start teacher training on Friday with Lydia Zamorano, who like you, explores many variations. It is so invigorating to keep learning so that I can share as well as my teachers. A year ago I would not have been able to touch the floor with my fingers in the squat. Even when I was training religiously as a cyclist in NJ I wouldn’t have been able to do that. The quad and strap combination is something I will incorporate in my personal practice. 
Nathan Briner
David G- that is fantastic! Sounds like you’re on fire to learn and connect on many levels. That’s exactly what makes a great teacher. 
I wish you a wonderful teacher training. If you find yourself stuck, just reach out with some questions and I’ll do my best to help. 

All my best!
Sandra Židan
Hi, Nathan! Today I do feel my legs after this great practice! Thanks! Namaste! ☀️
31-40 of 41

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial