Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Strength 4<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Strength 4
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Daniel C
1 person likes this.
Im cool but had some trying times lately. But all is fine tho. Just lots going on. But today i caught  myself smiling during the seated twist. Cool.
Nathan Briner
Daniel C that makes me smile just reading that ☺️
Brenda S
1 person likes this.
Nathan, I can feel the difference in my pose when the hips are pinned. Question: what are we supposed to feel when in the pose where we bend the one leg, extend the other and hold it with a strap? I didn’t feel anything. Also, it the extended leg in pigeon (a yogi’s fav) is it supposed to be tightened or just support without contracting? I can see the intensity building in the practices. Looking forward to tomorrow’s lesson. 
Nathan Briner
Brenda S, can you send me a picture of the pose you’re referring to? 
Brenda S
1 person likes this.
Nathan, I don’t know how to send a pic. The pose was Johussurshasan with a strap. I did it, but didn’t feel anything…which is okay, I’m just curious as to what I shoguns enjoy experiencing.

Also, in pigeon, is the extended leg supposed to be engaged?

I am so enjoying this challenge. I didn’t thin 30 min would be worth getting up for and getting into, but is had proved to be doable for me and worth the challenge of getting up and doing the lesson.

I am enjoying the pace and the static hold of the poses. I do feel my body getting stronger.

You rock!
Nathan Briner
Brenda S, that pose typically targets the hamstring and hips. In this lesson I only wanted to introduce the mechanics of the pose so it’s understandable that you fee too much. 

In pigeon the back leg should be active. The activity of the leg muscles directs attention and motion to the spine.

It’s great to hear you’re already feeling the changes in your body :) I look forward to hearing more about your journey through the challenge. 

Meg P
1 person likes this.
Fantastic flows and tips! I am a retired professional ballet dancer and this is helping me retain strength and mobility so I thank you sincerely for that!
Nathan Briner
Thank you very much, Meg P! I am a huge proponent of “strength first” with Yoga. The stability really makes everything feel so much more powerful :)
Nice to have you here in the challenge 🙏
FanRodgers
1 person likes this.
I love your practice, and really like how you have the challenge made with strength, flexibility,  and concentrating on specific areas. I really felt my abdomen today, and I appreciate how you broke down the boat pose. I always struggle with boat, and today I was able to hold it for few seconds. 
I tried another yoga site for a while, and I find nothing beats how teachers on yogaanytime build their practice. 
Thank you for your amazing advices and flows Nathan. I'm really enjoying this challenge.
Nathan Briner
FanRodgers That’s great to hear! You nailed it…Strength first and then mobility can evolve from a solid foundation. 
I’m always here if you have any questions about the lessons or poses. Stay in touch as you continue through the challenge. I’d love to hear how you’re coming along. 
All my best 🙏
51-60 of 70

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial