Yin Yoga: Meet Yourself with Ease<br>Kira Sloane

Yin Yoga: Meet Yourself with Ease
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Joan J
How did I miss this one, Yin is my favorite, it calms, nourishes and resets my mind and body. Backbends are tough on me, so I just LOVE the passive back bend. No pain at all, just a gentle release. The entire session was delightful, I languished in it and feel so open inside and out. Grateful for this practice Kira
Joan J
Hi kira, I have a question. In the eagle wrap I can not get my opposite arm down to the floor or over my head. Where can I place the arm so I don't compromise the twist? Do you have any shoulder opening practices that could help? Thank you, be well.
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
Dearest Joan, you are not alone.
One solution is to bolster the arm or the wrapped legs to provide the support needed for the nervous system to feel held.

If you have identified a stickiness in the shoulder as the area that is calling for attention, then you might investigate these practices:

Slower shoulder openers:

Freedom in the Shoulder Joint with Arturo Peal
Safe Shoulder Opening with Alana Mitnick
Shoulder Rebalance with Padma
[url=https://www.yogaanytime.com/class-vi
Kira Sloane
1 person likes this.
(Continuing)

At about 2:15, in this video, you'll find a yin style shoulder opener.

A more dynamic practice is Shiva's Shoulders with Peter Sterios.

Sometimes understanding the anatomy of the shoulder helps create new connections and openings.
Shoulder Anatomy with Renee Stills
Anatomy of the Shoulder with Arturo Peal

This [url=https://www.yogaanytime.com/class-view/1245/video/Yoga-Marma-Point-Mediation-by
Joan J
Thank you so much Kira, I will go to these and work on opening my shoulders💜
Joan J
1 person likes this.
Passive back bends are AMAZING!
Curtis Hamilton
This practice felt better than the local classes I take here in Memphis. It is nothing wrong with the classes here.but you are a really great teacher.
Tesa Urbonaite Dunn
One of my very favorites! Thank you Kira!
Lori
1 person likes this.
I love this practice. :) Also waiting for another magical thundery rainy day here in Southern California. See you really soon. Love.
Kira Sloane
51-60 of 95

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial