21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 20: Source<br>Nikki Estrada

21-Day Meditation Challenge: Day 20: Source
Nikki Estrada

Watch this Practice
Curtis Hamilton
I am so busy theses days that normally I wait to meditate until after my morning exercise but I woke up this am at 4am and before going back to bed for a minute, I decided to do morning meditation on Day 20. Yesterday was a little difficult with this new mantra but not today. I was focused, felt relaxed had good concentration and hardly distracted at all. After I finish the challenge, I will probably still pick different days on the challenge and continue to use them in my daily meditation because I feel that I am meditating with a good teacher (Nikki Estrada) and it has really helped my practice. Maybe you guys can have a 50 Day Meditation Challenge next.
Kira Sloane
50 Days sounds like a great idea, Curtis!
Debra D
2 people like this.
Dear Nikki - I always love meditating with a mantra. They really are “mind protection”, I feel. Although I have had two “good” sessions with Om Shiv Gorak Yogi (that is, thoughts have not intruded) I find that this mantra doesn’t really resonate with me. It could be that my spirit responds more to a concept (Om shanti, soham) than to an incarnation (Shiva, Gorak). But this preference has not undermined the meditation experience. Thank you for your lovely guidance 🌺
Nikki Estrada
Debra do what works best for you! glad you are trying them all out in the process
Matthew
3 people like this.
distracted intermittently by new puppy sleeping on my lap (!) but the mantra supported my staying the course for the session without too much turbulence. thanks again.
Matthew
1 person likes this.
still enjoying this practice!
Melissa H
1 person likes this.
I've given it several attempts, but I prefer chanting and using a mala. Internally voicing a mantra and using a mala feels disconnected to me. Once I stop using the mala and just holding it in my hand while internalizing the mantra, I can go deeply inward. I'm glad I discovered this.
Nikki Estrada
Melissa thats ok- just do what works for you!
Tanya M
1 person likes this.
I love this mantra, it really resonates with me.
Steve P
2 people like this.
Hi Nikki Estrada,
thanks for offering this great challenge. It's very interesting, especially the use of the mala and the mantras.
I noticed for some mantras, at least for me, it's impossible to disconnect them from the rhythm of the breath like "Ham-Sa". Besides this I was wondering if there is a difference between silently "thinking" the mantra and saying it aloud ? They seem to resonate more in me when saying them.
When using the mala I noticed that some times the "move-to-the-next-bead" movement seems to get stuck in my head and fingers, just like "I don't know what to do next". I guess in these moments my mind was just wandering around somewhere else without me noticing it.
I like your teaching.
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial