The Happy Back Show: Breathing into the Low Back<br>Kira Sloane

The Happy Back Show: Breathing into the Low Back
Kira Sloane

Watch this Practice
Jacqueline T
1 person likes this.
Thank you Kira! I am so grateful that we have these 10 min. sessions. Please keep them! It's perfect for the evening, when shorter is better as I'm winding down. I love the breathing into the back! And child's pose is my favorite. What a sweet feeling to rest there
Jeannie K
1 person likes this.
I love this video. The length is perfect to start me moving every morning. I have a lot of lower back and hip issues and these moves loosen me up so I can have a productive day. Thank you. I am currently checking out other ones for strengthening my back and hips.
Kira Sloane
Dearest Jeannie, I am so happy this practice is working! Glad you are here. xok
Clare W
That was outstanding...thank you!!! My first class on here and it was ACE!!
Kira Sloane
Welcome here, Clare! Happy to be together. xok
Joan J
1 person likes this.
A nice, gentle way to open my low back in the morning. The breath helps relieve the tension and ease the pain. Thank you Kira, lovely way to start my day.
Kira Sloane
Eu
Eu
1 person likes this.
my back feels soooo much better know
Gail O
1 person likes this.
Kira Sloane - thank you so much for this gentle opportunity for attunement to my body, after a long day at my desk. I feel revitalized!
Question: Is there a modification/alternative you might recommend for Child's Pose? My knees cannot sustain a deep bend. Thanks in advance! Namaste  
Kira Sloane
Dearest Gail, thank you so much for asking for an alternative. Sometimes I place  2 rolled up blankets or a bolster in the crease of the knees so that I am supported without the demand of flexion. Sometimes I skip child's pose and lie on back and just let my knees fall into my chest, supporting under the knees with my hands to avoid the pain. To get the soft rounding and support without the knee flexion, I will also round over in chair, letting my chest fall towards my thighs. Let me know what you find yourself doing. xok
11-20 of 29

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial