Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Spinal Wave<br>Shelley Williams

Awaken to You: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 4: Spinal Wave
Shelley Williams

Watch this Practice
Sloane S
2 people like this.
Wonderful transitions, great way to ease into the day!
Shelley Williams
Sloane Thanks Sloane! Glad you are enjoying... namaste, sister!
Gabriel W
2 people like this.
Great practice. Thank you.
Sheryl B
2 people like this.
I am loving this gentle reintroduction to yoga. Thank you, Melissa!
Shelley Williams
Gabriel Happy Monday and thank you, Gabriel!
Shelley Williams
Sheryl Welcome back... I appreciate your comment, I think its important to allow space to build strength and grow the practice!
Nadia I
2 people like this.
Shelley Williams, hello again. Enjoying immensely) did 4+5 in one take today. So helpful these words about tenderness that you infuse.

I have a question about forehead to knee pose. Is it better to have a round back and be relaxed on the leg or to be with straight back more up above the leg (and not so easily relaxed:))?
Shelley Williams
Nadia hi there! Love that you are creating longer practices by combining in one day... it’s nice to have that extra time in one practice!

For head to knee pose, both options offer different experience.... if you allow your back to be rounded, then it becomes a more restorative pose (different approach and energetic quality) If you want to actively work in the posture, then yes keep the spine extended, try to keep pelvis moving towards an anterior tilt/almost arcing the low back, and if your hamstrings feel tight, try elevating your pelvis on a bolster/ block and slightly bending the long leg knee. 😊
Nadia I
2 people like this.
Thank you so much. I didn't even think of the pelvis's work here. That's fascinating when you break it down to all this elements!
Shelley Williams
Nadia Glad you enjoyed! Happy practicing!
11-20 of 36

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial