Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 6: Strength 6<br>Nathan Briner

Align with Freedom: 30-Day Yoga Challenge: Day 6: Strength 6
Nathan Briner

Watch this Practice
Nathan Briner
Super cool Jenny S! I love that you’re feeling the changes. And I’m sure if feels good to know what’s coming now that you’ve gone through it once :)
🧘‍♀️💛💪

Solveig B
1 person likes this.
Thank you Nathan for a brilliant challenge series! I love your cues and fundamentals explained so well. I experience an odd soreness in my neck, just at the base of my scull. I’m sure it is due to tension during my effort to follow your class, but as I am unaware of tensing up it is difficult to change. Do you have any suggestion for how to avoid the problem to progress, please ?
Thank you in advance 
Solveig 🌸
Nathan Briner
Hi Solveig B! Thanks for reaching out. Glad you’re enjoying the challenge so far. 
Let’s see if we can figure out how to help your neck. Has it just started bothering you in this routine? Would you consider yourself new to yoga or have you been practicing for a few years?
Do you think this could be muscle soreness from the work you’ve been doing or do you think it’s more likely a mechanical issue and is there a specific pose that brings it on? 
Let me know what you think and we’ll figure out a solution together. 
-Nathan
Sandra Židan
Thank you very much, Nathan, for this beautiful practice! I am looking forward to balancing practices! Kind regards from Croatia! Namaste! 😀
Nathan Briner
Sandra Židan, from Croatia 🇭🇷! Fantastic!
Jo S
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan, just finished Strength for the 4th or 5th time  - I have been playing in this series of lessons for ages now and just wanted to say how much I enjoy them - I am seeing some real progress - despite still needing to put my hands to the floor at Warrior 3 in this final strength episode! I am still nowhere near getting some of the more challenging poses like crow - but am enjoying the feeling of control that is building when I do the more simple poses. Thanks Jo
Nathan Briner
Jo S I think this is fantastic! This was really my hope, that people would rewatch the practices and try the work again so they could see change happening. So happy to hear you’re feeling stronger and more mobile. 
If you ever would like to chat one on one about ways to help with crow or other poses, id be happy to help. Just reach out to me here or DM me on my instagram @nathan_briner. We can go over some new ideas that could help you with those poses. 
All my best!
Jo S
1 person likes this.
Hi Nathan, Jo again - yes, I'm still here :) Just completed the strength series again -  I've noticed that there isn't a general progression (i.e. each time I come back it isn't necessarily going to be better than last time) - this run through was probably my best, but the last time I did this series - it was definitely the worst! I just find this an interesting thing... my guess is that this is probably as much mental as it is physical - but would be interested to know what your take on that is. Also I wanted to ask about something else - In downward dog - when we lift a leg, bend the knee and open the hip (as if to flip the dog) I always struggle with cramps that come into my hip joint right where the femur attaches... any advice on how to build strength here? Thanks Jo.
Nathan Briner
Jo S, sorry for the late reply. I missed it in my inbox. 
I think you’re right that there is a mental component to practice, not just physical. It’s a new practice every time you step on the mat. But the strength you’re building is there as the new foundation from which the poses can grow. 
I know what you mean about the cramping in the leg. Sometimes it cramps because you’re overdoing the contraction or maxing out the range of motion. If it is a need for strength, side planks, bridges with a strap, warrior 3 are good hip strengtheners. I’d also recommend the hip abduction machine at the gym or standing abductions on a Pilates reformer if you have access to one. 
41-49 of 49

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial