Good Morning Yoga: Slow Wake Up<br>Alana Mitnick

Good Morning Yoga: Slow Wake Up
Alana Mitnick

Watch this Practice
Alana Mitnick
Hi Craig! I'm happy to hear that you found the slow wake up practice calming. So delighted that you are here and practicing yoga! ~ Alana
Alana Mitnick
Hi John Jackson! You asked in a previous comment about "widening the base of the skull." This is such a great question. I know, I say this a lot! You might try these cues to help find the action:
1. Reach your head far forward, like a turtle.
2. Then find the opposite action - draw your head back and soften the chin down slightly.
3. Relax your face, jaw, neck and shoulders.
4. Imagine you're a kitten being gently lifted up at the nape of your neck by mama cat.
5. From here, you might visualize the back of your neck (and specifically, the base of the skull- where the 1st cervical vertebrae meets your occiput) widening.
Let me know how it goes!
Sam
Sam
Great way to start my day. Thank you so much. Blessings.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Sam! So glad you're here on Yoga Anytime. Some mornings the slow groovy wake up practice is just where it's at. Wishing you a wonderful day! ~ Alana
Glenford N
Hi Alana. A slow graceful way to start the day. With each practice you take me on a voyage of self discovery. Many, many thanks.
Alana Mitnick
Wonderful news, Glenford. This is one of my favorite practices to 'ease into' the day with more awareness and spaciousness. Happy to be on this journey together.
Ali
Ali
1 person likes this.
I really enjoyed this gentle start moving up from the floor. I feel like it really influenced my downward dog, in that it kept the rhythm of cat-cow, playing with that movement. The final downward dog, after pigeon pose, felt open and expansive. Thank you Alana.
Alana Mitnick
Hi Ali! Oh this is an old favorite practice (that feels fresh and new each time). Thank you for sharing your process and insights... I really hear you tracking the sensations and staying with your experience as the practice unfolds. Love, Alana
Kate M
1 person likes this.
This was just perfect, Alana Mitnick ! A sweet, slow awakening...
Alana Mitnick
Good Morning, Kate! Ahhhh yes... this is one of my greatest hits. So glad you enjoyed this slow wakeup. I'll be filming another season of practice soon. Stay tuned! Love, Alana
21-30 of 52

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial